Axe FX to Dual Recto?

• Thread starter NailbombX2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NailbombX2

Reaction score
So,I got this dual recto rackmount from the 90s,and i'm looking for an fx unit that will be able to help getting better clean,cus the dual recto clean is very problematic to me and the high gain is awesome,
so I know the axe fx is a great piece of gear and that its great with amp moduling,
but will it be as good just using it as an fx unit?
from what i've heard in clips it can get really good cleans,but again,
can it help in some way to get my dual recto dead transparent clean get warmer and more alive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The Axe works great as an effects unit. You could either use an amp model to get better cleans, or you could use effects with the Axe to get better cleans from the Recto. Could try a compressor up front, and EQ's and shit. Plus, you can use the OD models in the Axe as a boost with the Recto.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What I'd do is run the Axe-FX with the 4-cable method and use one of the Axe's amp sims for clean tones while still using the Recto's preamp for heavy tones.

adaman

Reaction score
rectos get pretty nice cleans i thought. ah well

id go G Major.

I hate the clean channel is my Dual Rec, I do love the Mark series and any thing with the lonestar clean channel though.

NailbombX2

Reaction score
Thanks all,got some good ideas

got another question,
I know that using just a power amp is the best for moduling cus it doesn't color the sounds

so there is a way to use the recto head just as a power amp so the recto pre amp won't color the moduling from the axe fx?

THANKS

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Thanks all,got some good ideas

got another question,
I know that using just a power amp is the best for moduling cus it doesn't color the sounds

so there is a way to use the recto head just as a power amp so the recto pre amp won't color the moduling from the axe fx?

THANKS

The word is modeling, by the way. But yeah, if you plug into the effects loop return, you'll essentially just be using the power section.

NailbombX2

Reaction score
The word is modeling, by the way. But yeah, if you plug into the effects loop return, you'll essentially just be using the power section.
thanks for the correcting :agreed:
and thanks for the answer,I appreciate that!
:hbang:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but can someone help me out?

I'm trying to use my axe just to provide effects for my roadster, and I've connected it as it's mentioned in the manual through the fx loop, but when the fx loop is engaged the tone becomes very muffled and it doesn't seem to just add effects.

One thing I don't understand is if you want to just add effects, do you have to construct a patch in the axe fx with an amp and cab bypassed and then the effects afterwards or what? Because that doesn't seem to help the muffling.

I'm most likely doing something wrong but I cant figure it out.

Latest posts

')