Axe Trak - "Record Your Cranked Amp"

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
http://www.axetrak.com/

Basically this thing is an isobooth for amp recording.

Big%20AxeTrak.jpg

I'd like to check one out, and at only $350, it's actually pretty reasonably priced _IF_ the thing actually works.

Enables recording of thick rock rhythms and screaming lead guitar tones 24/7, without being heard by your neighbors.
Solves the problem of having to record at ear blistering levels to capture the natural sounding distortion and overdrive produced by the speaker of a loud guitar amp.
The AxeTrak® is 100% analog and produces a warm yet raw sounding guitar tone. It does not sound fake, sterile or processed, like many amp modeling devices on the market today.
Eliminates interference and the possibility of unexpected background noises affecting the recording of guitar tracks.
Provides a great sounding alternative for any guitarist wanting to record the sound and characteristics of their live rig (amp, pedals, racks, and other devices) but not wanting to haul around the speaker cabinets.
Totally isolates the guitar from other live instruments when used as a direct box for live performances.
Helps eliminate feedback problems caused by high gain double coil pickups.
Totally portable and does not require a power supply or battery. This device is extremely reliable and is not sensitive to voltage spikes and changes in AC power lines like digital signal processors. The AxeTrak® is a sturdy workhorse for the studio guitarist.
Makes a perfect late night practice speaker cabinet. You get the sound and feel of your live rig but at a level not much louder than a whisper.
It is the perfect load for doing amplifier repairs as opposed to a dummy load resistor. It allows you to hear what's going on with the amplifier while testing it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
for less than $350 you could probably build yourself a foam-lined silencing box around your gear.

voidar

Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
..I wonder with a small enclosure how it would affect reverb and or delay?

Well, place your time-based effects after the AxeTrak, as simple as that.

I have one and they do sound neat. Definitely beats and DI/cab sim device I have tried.

J

Josh

I've been doing some reading up on soundproofing. I plan to build a chamber for my 412 in the next few months. Should make recording heavy shit much more convenient. :agreed:

voidar

Reaction score

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
thanks for the clips but i think it souns hollow or something but thats just me.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
its just the distortion i dont know. i have heard some satriani with what i think was some what hollow distortion. i'm not saying its bad, its just what i think. but it does sound good for death metal.

voidar

Reaction score
theunforgiven246 said:
its just the distortion i dont know. i have heard some satriani with what i think was some what hollow distortion. i'm not saying its bad, its just what i think. but it does sound good for death metal.

Well, it is a death metal tone I am after. Of course, that's not everyones cup of te. But thanks for your time.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
yea but thanks again cause i was wondering what those things sounded like recorded.