AxeFx Ultra

• Thread starter Mehnike
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fs axe fx
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear:
AxeFx Ultra unit in perfect condition, no rash, still has screen plastic protector on. Has newest 11 firmware intsalled.
Will be shipped in the box fractal audio sent it to me in to insure damage free transit.

Modifications (if any): none
Accessories: Power cable and official printed manual.
Location (City,State or City,Country): Bakersfield, CA
Contact Info: Pm here
References: iTrader here and "Mehnike" on eBay
Price: $1750 Offer, Cash only unless it is a 2228 or UV777.
Pics:
188211_1758962745878_1593305357_1673268_7589606_n.jpg

Racked and left alone in prestine condition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
bump it hit me up, price change****

Nick Lang

Reaction score
Idk how you feel about a mesa boogie Mark V trade for your ultra but there would be a slight cash difference is all?

KevHo

Reaction score
unrelated...how's the DCM1000 treating you as opposed to a tubed power amp?

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
thanks junnage!

And Kev, I can't say as I've never been able to compare with anything else. I will say though, not knowing any different, I'm quite satisfied with it. Eventually I'll slap a tube amp in there and see this real big(or so they say) difference that may be true. I say if you haven't used a tube amp with the Axe it still sounds really awesome and you won't know what you're missing! (if there really is much to miss!)

KevHo

Reaction score
I'm currently using a Peavey Classic 50/50 but was wanting to upgrade to a Carvin TS100 (or ideally an ENGL e840/50). I haven't tried a solid state power amp with my Ultra but what got me interested was that Scale The Summit uses either the DCM1000 or something similar. But we all know how varied the field is with solid state vs. tube amps. :rolleyes: Good luck with your sale dude! I posted mine on here last week but once I saw the flood on eBay I decided to keep it and see how this all shakes down before I commit to the AFXII. Too many people are willing to take far less than what it's worth to feed their GAS.

thanks junnage!

And Kev, I can't say as I've never been able to compare with anything else. I will say though, not knowing any different, I'm quite satisfied with it. Eventually I'll slap a tube amp in there and see this real big(or so they say) difference that may be true. I say if you haven't used a tube amp with the Axe it still sounds really awesome and you won't know what you're missing! (if there really is much to miss!)

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
Yea When I saw STS a few months back they had the newer carvin amps. If I'm correct, they where actually the 3000L's. I just know I saw a "3" in front of the four numbers and I was thinking, wow, pretty high wattage. But anyways, their tone coming out of their cabs was excellent. I definitely wouldn't have been freaking out over solid state tone if they had a sheet over their rig haha. And yes we all have our opinions over ss and tube... Thing is, they both sound great.

But yes, I'm disappointed in all of the folks here dropping the Axe's price so low. If more people:)fawk:) where strapped for cash(like me:eek:), we could have kept the resale no lower than $1800 at least!

With that said, up.
I will take $1700.

Latest posts

')