Axefx3: cygnus x 3 (fw25.0) beta

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I loaded 26.01 right when it came out, but I don't use the rat that often and didn't notice a difference in other drive models. Jamming on 26.02 for a few minutes and it sounds great, but I haven't played in a few days so might be placebo. Feels a little more defined in the 1-3k range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cmpxchg

Reaction score
jeez, I flashed 26.01 the other day but I haven't even had a chance to try the drive pedal changes.

The Monster With .

Death row; water buffalo
Reaction score
I installed the current beta on the FM3, and the Metal zone pedal is messed up. Sounds like it is clipping and just jacked. Any of you guys on the Axe 3 having this problem?

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
I’ve always like fractal, but haven’t touched it since I bought the Red 7 reactive load box. Not trying to start a real amp vs modeler debate because I think both options have their place…. I was always kind of annoyed when Fractal came out with new firmware because it took me hours to load it and redial my presets and I got no real playing or recording done. Real amp into a good load box always feels a bit superior to me, you get that squishy compression feel during palm mutes and Fractal felt stiffer, even though fractal does sound great.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I find updates dont usually require me to change much in my presets. I also dont use very many. Not sure if Im in the minority there..

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Excited to try it when I get home, though maybe I'll wait for the full release, I barely have checked out the last couple updates other than to apply them 😂

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Excited to try it when I get home, though maybe I'll wait for the full release, I barely have checked out the last couple updates other than to apply them 😂
Same. Not a ton of playing happening at the moment but thats how it goes sometimes!

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I find updates dont usually require me to change much in my presets. I also dont use very many. Not sure if Im in the minority there..

Yeah, the biggest amount of updating I did was during the first Cygnus when I dropped the PEQ’s and multi-band comps. I’m not sure I’ve even changed IR’s on presets since then, it’s generally just a tweak to the low/high end unless the update pertained to a power amp section and then it’s a small master volume adjustment.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the biggest amount of updating I did was during the first Cygnus when I dropped the PEQ’s and multi-band comps. I’m not sure I’ve even changed IR’s on presets since then, it’s generally just a tweak to the low/high end unless the update pertained to a power amp section and then it’s a small master volume adjustment.
Yeah i never change IRs on my main presets, my tone experiment ones are subject to change. Still cant make a recto sound good :lol:

')