"Ayaz" - persian carpet metal (melodic chorus/djent/guitar solos/subdrops)

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
hey dudes

i wrote and recorded this yesterday and the day before, with the idea of getting some vocals onto it (instrumentally its a bit more repetitive than most of my stuff as a result), so a friend of mine will be doing just that over the next while :D

while thats happening id love some feedback on the instrumental mix and playing and programming and such!

guitars are guitar rig 4, drums superior 2.0 and bass is just dry with a bit of compression, overdrive and EQing in logic

hope you dig :wavey:

add facebook plz :)
Halcyon | Facebook

Myspace

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/plini'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=9893897&scid=9893897&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Man, you must be an expert trying to get Guitar Rig sounding that good, GR3 can't handle anything like this. This is an amazing track by the way, my only critique is in the djenty open string bits, it feels like there should be some more layering to get it sounding huge.

But this is an awesome composition man! Really really digging it! I don't even think it needs vocals, but I'm sure they'd just make it even cooler. :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks guys!

Man, you must be an expert trying to get Guitar Rig sounding that good, GR3 can't handle anything like this. This is an amazing track by the way, my only critique is in the djenty open string bits, it feels like there should be some more layering to get it sounding huge.

But this is an awesome composition man! Really really digging it! I don't even think it needs vocals, but I'm sure they'd just make it even cooler. :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

yeah i know what you mean with those bits, im still trying to figure out how to get a huge low gain rhythm tone like chimp spanner and bulb! glad you dig it man

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
this sounds great dude! awesome composition indeed. i agree the tone is a bit blanketed tho, but is absolutely brilliant seeing as how your using guitar rig 4...but it really doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the song in any way! :yesway:

im still trying to figure out how to get a huge low gain rhythm tone like chimp spanner and bulb!

do you own a POD or an AxeFx?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
How the f... do you manage to get your recordings this airy man? In the best way possible, ofcourse.

Are you sure your guitar is not lacking gain?
I would try to give drums a bit volume as well.

Composition is a masterpiece level. No way man... Digging your work as hell!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
this sounds great dude! awesome composition indeed. i agree the tone is a bit blanketed tho, but is absolutely brilliant seeing as how your using guitar rig 4...but it really doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the song in any way! :yesway:

do you own a POD or an AxeFx?

thanks a bunch man! god i wish, being a student without a job puts getting an axefx quite low on my list of places money is to be spent :lol: its definitely the next piece of gear i want though

That's GR for you.

Just buy a POD X3 man!

haha i wish i had the $$$, ive been considering getting a pod but i think ill just make do with what i have til i can shell out for an axefx! actually i think i can solve the blanketing issue (to an extent) with a bit of EQing, i tend to get scared by the boomy low mids and the bright high mids cos my speakers are really responsive to the lows and my headphones are really responsive to the highs so i end up with slightly muddy mixes :noway:

thanks again guys

prh

Plini
Reaction score
How the f... do you manage to get your recordings this airy man? In the best way possible, ofcourse.

Are you sure your guitar is not lacking gain?
I would try to give drums a bit volume as well.

Composition is a masterpiece level. No way man... Digging your work as hell!

wow thanks dude youre too kind! i never know with guitars, i like the low gain metallic crunch but sometimes its not think enough :scratch: btw what do you mean by 'airy'?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
what do you mean by 'airy'?

It's like all reverbed as hell, but it still sounds clear and polished. At the same time of all the roomyness you still maintain the details of all the instruments, not mashing it all up with extreme loudness or reverb in a way I can't seem to get.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
It's like all reverbed as hell, but it still sounds clear and polished. At the same time of all the roomyness you still maintain the details of all the instruments, not mashing it all up with extreme loudness or reverb in a way I can't seem to get.

i think cos i dont put reverb on the master track, just on individual tracks. like theres a fair bit of reverb on the drums, and there are a couple of melody/fx lead line tracks that have huge delays on them, but the main rhythm guitars and bass are dry :scratch: hope that helps!

chaosxcomplex

Reaction score
Sounds sick, as usual. The only thing I could think to make it sound better would be to just nudge up the gain on the rhythm guitar in the sections where it is standing out, if that makes sense.

Every time I hear your stuff I just wanna sit and practice my lead playing for the rest of the day!

Vicissitude27

Reaction score
once again, i'm loving the track. every new song you post i enjoy so much.

they just vary so much, and it keeps me interested. and your voicing with your leads is tasty. :yesway:

')