"Ayaz" - persian carpet metal (melodic chorus/djent/guitar solos/subdrops)

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Holy shiznit. Im loving this. Don't listen to people telling you to put more gain on the guitars. I love the low gain clean ness. The mix does sound rather odd and open. Quit school and make a cd asap! lol.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
haha thanks man, id love to do music for a living though its unlikely itll ever happen. right now im on holidays til march so much more music shall be made!

Reaction score
Just wondering your setup. Loving how clean the tone is. Which amp in GR? are you using GR's cab's or using impulses? You must have emg's, right?

prh

Plini
Reaction score
i pretty much always use the Gratifier amp with the DS-1 lookalike (yellow thing) stomp box infront (gain on 0, volume on full, tone around 12 oclock), for the dirty stuff i use the modern channel with everything on about 5, volume and master near full, mids on full, presence around 6. for the cab i use control room with the "modern 4x12" cab (i think it is). i tried using that engl v30 impulse everyone seems to have but i reverted to GR just cos im used to it :lol:

i just use the stock pickups in my S series ibby, they say "powered by EMG", so i guess theyre similar if not the same as legit EMGs :D passive pups too

cheers man!

theclap

Reaction score
CAN YOU MAKE THIS DOWNLOADABLE ON YOUR SOUNDCLICK IM DYING MAN

haha anyways I really like this song you have some of the cleanest playing i've ever heard and i really like that i really like the little higher note riff in the beginning chug riff. brrilliant

prh

Plini
Reaction score
hahaha thank you! i changed the settings, you should be able to get it now!

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Sheer awesomeness man. I pretty much have to change my trousers after hearing that solo.

My one point would be the rhythm tone does sound a litte 'blanketed'. I like the amount of gain but it's not got enough crispness for my liking. Then again, that's just me! And Guitar Rig 4 can be a pain to get a nice djenty tone out of. I tend to use it for tubescreamage, noise gating and compressing before running it through Poulin Legion or Lecto before using impulses. Guitar Rig 4 is sweet for cleans though!

Anyway, enough rambling. Awesome song dude!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
woo slightly updated mix:

http://soundcloud.com/halcyonofficial/ayaz

and i made some art :D

ayaz.jpg

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Intro + band name "Halcyon" =The Tea Party influence?

Sounds just phenomenal impeccable cleans,nice distortion and sick composition.Well done!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks man! i havent heard tea party, ill have to check them out. band name = keyboard players idea and it seemed really fitting, and intro = opeth hessian peel rip off :lol:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
This is right up my alley. I love heavy, exotic riffs. The solo brings a nasty smile to my face, too. I'm really excited to hear it with some vocals!

Tabs anytime soon?

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Those chords were huge! I think the rhythm guitars could definitely use some more gain, and the whole thing could use a bit more layering, but that's just my taste.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks again, sorry i didnt see these comments before!

This is right up my alley. I love heavy, exotic riffs. The solo brings a nasty smile to my face, too. I'm really excited to hear it with some vocals!

Tabs anytime soon?

im a hopeless tabber im afraid, but if you actually want to learn it :)wub:) id be more than happy to expain any bits that are hard to transcribe! (though its mostly one note at a time and its pretty easy stuff to play)

')