B.C Rich, some questions, and a little GAS for everyone ;)

• Thread starter Shadowspecced
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
I need help identifying what guitar this is, or even what model. The serial number is 89490. It dates to about 82 or 83, and I got it from my dad. The story is it was a custom job, made by Wayne Charvel and Bernie Rico when they were working together. It's alder, with a maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 24 frets and what look like mother of pearl inlays. The neck humbucker is a DiMarzio super distortion, and the neck humbucker is the Jeff Beck signature I think. On the back of the headstock it says "Hand made in U.S.A" it has a kahler, and the straight up thinnest neck I've ever played. I tried to get that in the pictures lol.

Someone help please! and if not, admire it hehe, it's a really fantastic guitar.

0304011423.jpg

0104011436.jpg

0304011424a.jpg

0304011426.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but that doesn't look legit. Old USA BC Rich's said Made in USA right on the front of the headstock.

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but that doesn't look legit. Old USA BC Rich's said Made in USA right on the front of the headstock.

It's an ST I found out, and if it isn't legit, I want to know who made it lol, it's superior to any other b.c rich I've played by far

Reaction score
Early USA BC Riches did NOT say "Made In USA" on the Headstock, that wasn't commonplace until 86-87 I believe. If Lorne is on this forum aswell, he will have the details.

I doubt that guitar is an 82. The serial Numbers on BC Riches doesn't mean anything either.

Likely an 84-86 if I were a betting man

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Early USA BC Riches did NOT say "Made In USA" on the Headstock, that wasn't commonplace until 86-87 I believe. If Lorne is on this forum aswell, he will have the details.

I doubt that guitar is an 82. The serial Numbers on BC Riches doesn't mean anything either.

Likely an 84-86 if I were a betting man

Whad'dya know - that guy with the tiger print guitar really knows his 80's guitars :lol:

Hollowman

Reaction score
I contacted Lorne for you he should be able to help you out and answer some question you might have. Sean

Lorne

Stupid Bass player
Reaction score
OP, this is a USA made ST guitar, nothing to do with Wayne Charvel, he made he bodies and necks for the Son of a Rich/Nighthawk and Phoenix guitars and basses.

Your guitar was made in February of 1986

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
OP, this is a USA made ST guitar, nothing to do with Wayne Charvel, he made he bodies and necks for the Son of a Rich/Nighthawk and Phoenix guitars and basses.

Your guitar was made in February of 1986

Lol I guess my dad's memory is going, because he was the original one to purchase the guitar. I'll have to have a word with him :lol:

Lorne

Stupid Bass player
Reaction score
Also, were they all like this? And how much do they go for? I might have to buy another 11 ;)

Good luck with that, in the last 8 years of collecting BCR serial numbers and pictures I have only found 22, now 23 of these guitars.

I don't keep an eye on their prices, I'm a bassist

They came in varying specs, neck thru, bolt on, painted, exotic wood, passive/ active etc etc

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
Good luck with that, in the last 8 years of collecting BCR serial numbers and pictures I have only found 22, now 23 of these guitars.

I don't keep an eye on their prices, I'm a bassist

They came in varying specs, neck thru, bolt on, painted, exotic wood, passive/ active etc etc

hahaha I figured. Thanks, I love this guitar.

')