Back from seeing BLIND GUARDIAN!

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
First time Blind Guardian have played in Ireland, and my god if it wasn't one of the greatest events I've ever witnessed. Words alone cannot put into meaning just how much they rocked.

Neither can emoticons.

I won't even attempt it, so here's a picture of a red panda:

red-panda-web.jpg

Nope, that's got nothing to do with anything.

However, take a look at this here video for VALHALLA!!!, and that might give you an idea of just how much they ruled. But here in Ireland, for some reason, the crowd started randomly singing the chorus for Valhalla between songs, and at the end of the show.

I still can't find the words, but randomly singing Valhalla had me in tears of joy and emotion.

This was an absolutely godly show, even the mighty Maiden couldn't match it, and yes, I've seen them a few times, but even they couldn't match the absolutely astounding show that Blind Guardian put on.

Guardian are 666% more Metal than your average Metal band, and no amount of flexing could get you even close to their level of pure metal. :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet. I'm going to see them in December - can't wait!

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Did they play Blind Eyes? that's my favourite Blind Guardian song. Love them

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
maliciousteve said:
Did they play Blind Eyes? that's my favourite Blind Guardian song. Love them

If you mean Bright Eyes, then yes they played that and it was amazing.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
maliciousteve said:
:lol: well that makes me look stupid

Naw, it makes you sound stupid, it's your face makes you look stupid. :fawk:

I joke. :D

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
What? Is this all the love you guys have for the mighty Blind Guardian? For shame!

nienturi

Reaction score
I've seen them one time and it was totally blast. VALHALLA was awesome. Especially in the slow part of the song. Hansi and the band but drums got in silence... And hundreds of people were shouting the lyrics with devine drums ...
Valhalla, Deliverance...Why've you ever forgotten me?

Hey, You have cool nick Karl :D
Daine kable has problems :D Ich been expert ;)

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah yeah, I've not really been able to get Valhalla out of my head. Been listening to it constantly since, and even when I'm not listening to it, I'm singing the chorus in my head... Nuts!

And thanks, it is indeed a cool nick! :D

Deef

Reaction score
I've never had a chance to see them, as they don't come through Canada too often... but I really would like to see them live!!!

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, Blind Guardian coming "Too Often"? This was the first time they've ever played in Ireland, how do you think people here felt who've been dying to see them for years upon years. I had to go to a festival in England 4 years ago to see them before.

Mark. A said:
Did they play "Time What is Time" or "Mirror Mirror"?

They played Mirror Mirror. :shred:

Code001

Reaction score
Awesome! Yeah, if you watch the DVD, you'll hear the people singing Valhalla randomly even after the song has been played. It seems to be common at Guardian concerts. :) Such an amazing power metal band.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Code001 said:
Awesome! Yeah, if you watch the DVD, you'll hear the people singing Valhalla randomly even after the song has been played. It seems to be common at Guardian concerts. :) Such an amazing power metal band.

Unfortunately, I don't have the DVD yet. I had hoped to pick it up, but they didn't have any CDs or DVDs for sale at the gig, which sucked. I did get a pretty bad ass Blind Guardian T-shirt though, which I've been wearing now for oh, 4 days. I just don't want to take it off, it's probably going to be really stinky before it gets a wash.

nienturi

Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
Ah yeah, I've not really been able to get Valhalla out of my head. Been listening to it constantly since, and even when I'm not listening to it, I'm singing the chorus in my head... Nuts!

And thanks, it is indeed a cool nick! :D

My most memorable songs were the ones from nightfall inthe middle earth album. Mirror Mirror, Into the storm, Time stands still(in the iron hill) and mighty NIGHTFALL...It was totally a blast while shouting "Nightfall" :hbang:

Oguz286

Reaction score
Hmm i should listen to these guys more. I only have the A Night At The Opera album :ugh:

Oguz286

Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
I don't have that one. :noplease:

Nice album, although i havent listened to their other albums. But i like this album :hbang:

')