Back of neck inlays, dayyyyyyum!

• Thread starter Connor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    inlay
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Connor

Guy
Reaction score
So I'm sure you've all seen Dylan post this on Facebook, but holy crap this is a cool idea! That guy is a genius.
Super jealous of whoever owns it! :fawk:

10382245_470461009767117_4230505118199771386_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Yep,totally saw it,and it's great.But I expect nothing less from him

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
needs a comma after "fear" but otherwise that's pretty darn epic!

Zado

Reaction score
You don't put a comma followed by "and".

Well I suppose you do in some situations. I don't believe this is one though?

Nope,that's not the case imho.

But,as I said on facebook,there's one more missing: Vagina.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
needs a comma after "fear" but otherwise that's pretty darn epic!

You don't put a comma followed by "and"

Technically you're both correct. The addition of the comma after 'fear' is a rule called the 'oxford comma'. Varying style/formatting guides and institutions will differ on their adoption of this rule. In other words, it is up to you whether or not you choose to use the 'oxford comma' or not (unless you are adhering to a specific institutions rules in which they either use the oxford comma or don't).

Very cool idea! :hbang:

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Technically you're both correct. The addition of the comma after 'fear' is a rule called the 'oxford comma'. Varying style/formatting guides and institutions will differ on their adoption of this rule. In other words, it is up to you whether or not you choose to use the 'oxford comma' or not (unless you are adhering to a specific institutions rules in which they either use the oxford comma or don't).

Very cool idea! :hbang:

I'm an oxford comma sympathizer

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
:lol: This is what I love about SSO. Where else would be so geeky that a thread could start with a metal guitar and evolve into a debate about the Oxford comma?

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
lol that's why its dangerous to have script - either tattoo, engravings, or signs. If you have some punctuation, you should have it complete and correct. For instance, given that it starts with a capital letter, has a colon and a comma, it should also have a period since it's actually a sentence. Some might argue that the first word after a colon should be capitalized. God I love grammar! Thanks for the enlightenment, AkiraSpectrum - and Zado; you're also correct haha (not for me, but for a mjority of guys lol).

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I would have gone with Beer, Bacon, and Boobs, but that's just me.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I came in and was going to make a witty remark about the Oxford comma but got ninja's by almost every post. :lol: Looks great, though.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
That is a cool idea! Kind of like a guitar tattoo ... I think I'll get some random Chinese symbols on mine! ;)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This Oxford comma thing is interesting. I never knew it was called that, and I used to use a lot of commas, but I had a research advisor in school who used to cut all my commas out, except in the absolutely necessary places, and old me it was cleaner without them. Since then I've left out the comma. But I love now knowing what it's called! Didn't think I'd learn about it in a Daemoness thread, though. :lol:

')