Back of neck inlays, dayyyyyyum!

• Thread starter Connor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    inlay
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I was actually expecting to see dots on the back, or something to feel to let you know what fret you're on, but yeah, that's okay I guess.

I'm not really into fancy inlays or graphics on guitars.

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
I love the fact that this thread has one on-topic picture, followed by 41 posts arguing grammar regarding the picture's subject text.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Intentional?

Please?

Was typing on a phone and made multiple edits in the process of typing that post. Unfortunately, its impossible to make any post about grammar without having your own grammar dissected. Most of us don't adhere to all grammar rules on forums though so its kind of pointless.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Neat idea. Not crazy about the quote but the work is stellar. The pedantic dissection of grammar is...well...

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Was typing on a phone and made multiple edits in the process of typing that post. Unfortunately, its impossible to make any post about grammar without having your own grammar dissected. Most of us don't adhere to all grammar rules on forums though so its kind of pointless.

Posting on phones can be quite lame...like triple posts. :noplease:

And for you grammar nuts, there's a colon before the three items listed. Doubt that would confuse anyone.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You know, I saw that statement about it likely being paint, given the curvature of the neck. But on an endure neck (or IPNP? Whichever the one with the flat spot is) you could do something super cool. I personally am of the opinion that if I get an inlay I want it on the front of the guitar, but I know others like the idea of the back. Kind of like a mullet: all business in the front and a party in the back.

vansinn

Reaction score
I'd go for a semicolon to give the desired meaning. Greatly underused.

I too love the semicolon; I even have one internally ;)

Anyways, in this current pretext, would we be talking about an Oxford semicolon, or a semi-Oxford comma..?

And I find the graphic politically semi-incorrect graphics amusingly graphic :bowdown: :agreed:

vansinn

Reaction score
Thinking of quotes, only a 40" bass neck could carry Einstein's famous "Only two things are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe - and I'm not sure about the former"

GXPO

Reaction score
In the UK, it's very rare that you would see the comma placement you guys are pointing out. In almost every situation the oxford comma wouldn't be used and the context of the surrounding literature would be what determines the meaning.

The English language is pretty much a minefield of these kinds of examples, it's what makes it beautiful in a way. Even such an inconsequential piece of punctuation can confuse, enlighten or make poetic the simplest of sentences.

My favourite example was when someone on Facebook corrected me by saying, "proper punctuation is the difference between helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Either way, the internetz has really ruined my grasp on punctuation and grammar. We should have a thread in the off topic section regarding this.. Like a support group for the grammatically challenged.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
You know, I saw that statement about it likely being paint, given the curvature of the neck. But on an endure neck (or IPNP? Whichever the one with the flat spot is) you could do something super cool. I personally am of the opinion that if I get an inlay I want it on the front of the guitar, but I know others like the idea of the back. Kind of like a mullet: all business in the front and a party in the back.

Depending on the thickness of the neck an actual inlay would be impractical as you're taking material out of the area directly under the truss rod where you don't have a lot of room in the first place. You would also likely be doing this at the end of the neck production process and removing all that material could cause the wood to move in an undesirable way. Decals under clear would be much more practical.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I too love the semicolon; I even have one internally ;)

Anyways, in this current pretext, would we be talking about an Oxford semicolon, or a semi-Oxford comma..?

And I find the graphic politically semi-incorrect graphics amusingly graphic :bowdown: :agreed:

Semicolons are awesome, but they're not appropriate for this quote.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
Thinking of quotes, only a 40" bass neck could carry Einstein's famous "Only two things are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe - and I'm not sure about the former"

You got it backwards. The universe is supposed to be first in the sentence, making it the former, inferring that human stupidity is what is limitless.

Reaction score
im sorry guys but could someone point me to the builders facebook or build thread? thanks

theGirthquake

metalhead
Reaction score
attachment.php

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Four great forces: stupidity, greed, fear and grammar.

Yes! The three great forces: Stupidity, greed, fear and grammar. No, the four great forces: Stupidity, greed, fear, arrogance and grammar. Ok. Ok. The five great forces: Stupidity, greed, fear, arrogance, grammar, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope! Ack! Can I just come back in?

')