Bad Alien Designs and Rudy Farchione

• Thread starter AgileLefty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
What a douchbag. Maybe you should post this in the mod/luthier section too, in case anyone was going to actually let this crazy paisan paint one of their beloved guitars.

I'd be pissed to get my guitar back broken, flawed, and with donut crumbs in the paint.

Overt1

Reaction score
Long story short: Customer opened a Paypal complaint against Rudy after he didn't receive the guitar after 6 or so weeks, and Rudy got pissed. Although it's widely believed Rudy voluntarily damaged the guitar, that hasn't been 100%, fully confirmed.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Basically the builder (A Disabled U.S. Veteran who is an upstanding and wonderful member over at the Agile community) sent a guitar out to "Bad Alien Designs" to be painted with a custom George Lynch style tiger stripe. They completed the work, posted pictures of the guitar on their site, and even posted a video on youtube of him showing off the guitar as "their best work yet". They did everything except ship the guitar back to it's owner. More than a week after the video was posted, the builder tried to contact them in order to get a shipping confirmation, and that is where the dodginess began.

"Bad Alien Designs" was combative, insulting, and threatened to strip the guitar entirely. everything is well documented here: Even though they painted my guitar body - I cannot recommend Bad Alien Designs with the actual email correspondences.

The thread posted in the OP is the result of the thread I just posted. When pushed to finally ship the guitar back to the owner, the video he posted is what he finally received.

So the builder paid for Bad Alien Designs to pain his guitar, they refused to ship it back, broke it, and finally sent it which showcased very basic defects in their workmanship in the first place, with tons of smudges, scratches under the clearcoat, overspray, and they failed to strip and sand it as their website claims they do, they just painted right over the original paint/poly.

Avoid Bad Alien Designs. These guys are ripoff artists of the worst kind.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
This guy's a complete dick. He doesn't even make sense in his e-mails, completely makes shit up, and sounds like a kid. I do believe that he did this on purpose to the guitar. That's just not cool.

Jet9

Petrucci Wannabe
Reaction score
WOW that guy's an ass. I hope a ton of people see this and stay as far away from that business as possible.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
Just read most of both threads. Watched both vids.
That's just royally fucked.
I hope that loser gets stripped of his business license.
And I hope that Dave gets a full refund and even a replacement body. That kind of damage is just unacceptable.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
This guy's a complete dick. He doesn't even make sense in his e-mails, completely makes shit up, and sounds like a kid. I do believe that he did this on purpose to the guitar. That's just not cool.

he is now posting on the Agile forum still claiming it was shipping damage! this guy is unbelievable :wallbash:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Wow. Yeah, I just finished going through the threads. And holy shit, the man just doesn't know the concept of "customer service". To be honest, I feel genuinely bad for him. His life is probably already fucked. Even if he moves to another business, his name has been tainted really badly. I guess that's what happens when you're such a dick... However, Dave made this comment:

Last words from me on this subject....

Jim's dirty just like Rudy
I pulled up Jim's FB page... immediately it became apparent these guys are in cahoots
I'm glad I slept on it.....

The facts are the facts

Pressing forward with the claim and other actions against Rudolph Farchione and Bad Alien Designs

Thanx dudes, y'all rock and I appreciate everyone's thoughts - it helped me to listen and form a decision to apply to my experience.

The chips will fall where they may

I wonder how he found out and what led him to believe that...

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Well I certainly hope this guy gets the shaft. Complete and utter bullshit.