Bad dreams...

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is kinda wierd, but...

I've had a few recurring nightmares recently that are really starting to affect me when I wake up. I don't really want to go into what they are, as it's kinda personal, but does anyone have any methods for combating this?

I know this is strange, but it's really starting to bother me.
Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D

Desecrated

3 ways

1. Read donald duck cartoons vefore you sleep, I know that this might sound as a joke but laughing and thinking happy thoughts before you sleep is way better then having anxiety or fear of nightmares.

2. Lucid dreaming, You can teach yourself how to controll your dreams thus making what ever causes you pain go away in the dream. nightmares that often return or dream paralysis and such can sometimes be cured with this metod.

3 Medication, you can always start light with just herbal tee and sleeping help pills that you can find in health shops, these things will nto make you tired enought to pass out like psykopharma will but they will do you more realaxed and might get you in a better mood.
I nothing of this helps and the dremas continue night after night, it might be a good idea to see a counsler to have some sorts of description drugs.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I enjoy fucked up dreams, nightmares etc...they act as a form of inspiration to me, as strange as that may sound.

However, to get rid of them? No idea. I recommend drinking lots of water, that way you can get woken up if you are having a bad dream by the urge to piss. On the otherhand, the dream might be so messed up that you just piss the bed and then you're back to square one and now own a wet mattress.

I know how to bring on the fucked up dreams though, eat a shit load of cheese before you go to bed, no idea why it works, or if it just works for me, but it works.:yesway:

Good luck with it dude, all the best.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cheers guys...I've had problems like this for years now, and have tried cutting down on booze, therapy and prescription sleeping pills none of which have really helped. I might try switching back to green tea instead of coffee in the evenings though...see if that helps. I'll try reading some Calvin and Hobbes or Garfield before I sleep as well...

Cheers for your thoughts.:yesway:

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
Watch tons of Beavis and Butthead and eat nachos berfore going to sleep.

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
I've started sleeping a LOT better now, since I put classic fm on my bedside radio pretty quiet and go to sleep with it on. They always play relaxing, happy stuff at night. Man, full nights sleep and happy dreams await! I'd suggest giving it a try, its really worked for me :yesway:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Buy (if you don't already own it ofcourse) "Electric Tears" by Buckethead, I've fallen asleep listening to that so many times. It's really relaxing.

Otherwise invest in Aphex Twins - Selected Ambient Works volume 2.:agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dreams are interesting. I always wanted to do some research about them. I have had some pretty interesting vivid dreams and still do. It would be so awesome if you could video tape your dreams. :yesway:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely, it would be interesting to not just to sit and watch your own dreams but also to see what other people dream about.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Videotaping dreams would be freaking awesome, lol.

I had one yesterday where I was a vampire slave or something like that and 'had a master' and had to do some ritual before the 'master' disappeared or something or I would die or something and there was a dead girl named sarah who had a grave in this place or something...it was weird.

Then I had one today where people kept telling me that I smelled...umm...okay...oh LOL I also dreamed about how people kept sending me items in gaia :lol: howabout that.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Switching from green-tea to coffee and not drinking so much seems to have made a difference recently.

I had a dream two nights ago where I was asked to play rhythm guitar for George Bellas...fuck knows where that came from, but is was much nicer than a lot of the ones I've had recently!:lol:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Last dream I had I was in some village wrecked out of my face, falling all over the place and the girl I like (who stole my hat on tuesday:mad:...anyone else and I would've minded) was arguing with my best mate over her current boyfriend and (in my opinion) how much of a fucking peenarse he is.

I eventually got kicked out of the village and ended up seeing myself from the third-person floating face down in some body of water.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have had a couple SS. Org dreams too. Some members here have appeared in my dreams. Weird but cool dreams.

Cool topic by the way. :yesway:

')