Bad habits you've developed from being a musician

• Thread starter Devyn Eclipse Nav
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

whilstmyguitardjentlyweep

Reaction score
I freak out if i realise that I have left my headphones at home and can't listen to music all day.
I think I am a better person than people who listen to pop music.
I criticise guitarists who are better than me. (The other day I was watching Queen live at Wembley with my family and decided to ruin it for everyone by pointing out whenever Brian missed a note... because you know hitting a dead note in front of 100,000 people means they must be an over-rated player)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Mine is not washing regularly. Well obviously I do, but if I'm doing a particularly heavy recording during the day or a gig that night, I'll wait until afterwards to wash!

Well... To be fair... I really only shower daily because I have to go to work and see people... I spend weekends sitting in a chair tweaking audio effects smelling like a fucking farm.

I completely understand why women hate me. Besides the fact that my personality sucks... :rofl:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Well... To be fair... I really only shower daily because I have to go to work and see people... I spend weekends sitting in a chair tweaking audio effects smelling like a fucking farm.

Yeah I only shower when I have to go out or when I start to annoy myself with my stench :lol: That weekend description is very accurate.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
For me it has got to be tapping and playing metal air drum beats with my hands. Sometimes people take it the wrong way, thinking that I am being impatient when waiting for any kind of service. But I always tell them not to mind me.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I don't understand how you people can go without a shower. I have to, every damn day, otherwise I feel disgusting.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Quickly changing the subject to music-related topics when silly things like your lack of hygiene is brought into question.

Incidentally, I asked for a bunch of guitar strings and CDs for xmas. Does anybody else do this every year?

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
^I do. Probably will again this year. A few sets of the custom set I use, and some CDs, perhaps a game or two. I always ask for guitar related stuff.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Incidentally, I asked for a bunch of guitar strings and CDs for xmas. Does anybody else do this every year?

Always. My girlfriend is very sentimental and likes to buy nice things. I have a real hard time convincing her a CD is actually what I want and that it does actually mean something to me :lol: She's getting me some new fx plugins this year :D

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Quickly changing the subject to music-related topics when silly things like your lack of hygiene is brought into question.

I asked for saxophone reeds. :lol:

I'm too particular ab my strings.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Thinking of funny musician related jokes that anyone outside of SSO or the Progressive Metal scene wouldn't get.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Always. My girlfriend is very sentimental and likes to buy nice things. I have a real hard time convincing her a CD is actually what I want and that it does actually mean something to me :lol: She's getting me some new fx plugins this year :D

This, she has trouble that I always want buckets of CDs :lol: or guitar stuff. She asked about strings this year, so it turned into a conversation. Yeah, I'm buying my own strings :lol:

Always need stuff to rock the AC-15s with on planes, when I travel ~ 40 hours a month on planes and busses.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I'm constantly showing people examples of guitar solos I find are way interesting, though I'm sure most people just hear "widdlywiddlywiddlywiddlywoooo!"

Also I do the taps and double kicking like most of the people in the thread..and one thing i tend to do is pick at the side of my leg when I'm walking if a song is in my head or if I'm jamming out with my headphones on. blahhh...

I'm also currently looking at maybe trading in my car for something else, and a factor in my decision-making process is always how practical it is for hauling gear. :| I'm not even in a band or anything right now. I technically don't even have a gigable rig right now. Sighh..

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
*talking about music or gear with everyone i know. (it drives my parents nuts)
*unable to listen to music that is extremely simple instrumentation wise, almost in a musicianship elitist manner XD
*buying too much gear
*no social life
*double kick drum thing when siting down or standing up
*nocturnal
*air guitar/bass/keyboard/piano
*air guitar in public
*getting pissed off at gigs when people start a pit during the solo and not air guitaring
*basically almost everything already been listed
but I didn't put my music before my ex when i was with her, very very weird that.

')