Bad habits you've developed from being a musician

• Thread starter Devyn Eclipse Nav
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I constantly ghost note on my imaginary snare with my finger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i look at wood-made things in public and cry inside when i see a nice piece of flamed maple as a part of a door. :(

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
i look at wood-made things in public and cry inside when i see a nice piece of flamed maple as a part of a door. :(

So much this. I saw a cabinet in an antique shop that could easily have made at least 20 amazing walnut tops. Fuck.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score

THIS. My family's dinner table is made of Koa. Every time I sit down to eat, I feel like I'm eating on what should have been a guitar.

:noplease:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
bobbing my head hard when the music grooves.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
bobbing my head hard when the music grooves.

Hahaha, I do that sometimes.

Another thing I do that is kind of weird is I sing a lot in my car, even if the windows are down, and I groove hard. I am sure that nobody appreciates me singing Earth wind and fire songs in my car. My voice is nowhere near as high as Phillip Bailey's voice, but I don't care for some reason, even though i probably should lol.

Takemyevil

Reaction score
Using musical words in conversations then getting ostracized because the timbre of my.... oh shit im doing it again, i'll just be off now guys :noplease:

Atomshipped

Reaction score
Hahahaha I hate that! The floor of the gym at my school has some of the craziest maple ever; a lot of it sucks, but some of the "planks" / strips / whatever they're called have the most amazing quilted birdseye figuring ever (yeah, both).

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
- Refusing social interaction in favour of practising towards godliness (not that I'm complaining).
- Frustration at lack of godliness
- Also, am I the only one who turns into jelly and overexcited in any guitar-related conversation?

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
When I do air blast beats, it looks like I'm jerking myself and someone else with my other hand (the ride cymbal).

wlfers

Reaction score
i stop the conversation in the car when a really sick riff happens. or even worse, demand silence when a really emotional movement is going on :lol:

i'll be having a hot date then interrupt our convo and expect her to fully appreciate and love a part of the song that may have no relevance to her musical tastes at all haha

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
i'll be having a hot date then interrupt our convo and expect her to fully appreciate and love a part of the song that may have no relevance to her musical tastes at all haha

One of the hottest girls I ever dated sat through Earth Departure and Isolated Incidents with me before she had enough

I made the mistake of thinking she was being honest when indulging my tastes, totally forgot that people say stuff just to be polite all the time :lol:

We got down to some Pink Floyd later on though ;)

I don't know if this is because I'm a musician or not, but all my musician friends do it too. I tell it like it is, I don't sugarcoat anything. Most of the musicians I know are the same way, anybody else like this?

')