Bad habits you've developed from being a musician

• Thread starter Devyn Eclipse Nav
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My girlfriend will tell me that dinner is ready and I will keep playing guitar until its cold every night!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I also do the pig-squealing thing. I also add metal vocals to songs. I use the "errrrrrr-OH!" a lot, the "ewwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhh" sometimes, and the epic "BANG YOUR FUCKING HEAD" constantly during the last few bits of the bridge leading to the last chorus.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Anytime some awesome part in a particularly br00tal song is coming, I say in a Kermit the frog voice "Let's open this pit up!". I then flail my arms in front of me and yell "MYAAAAAAAAH"

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
One thing I love to do when everyone is looking quiet and serious is just randomly start flailing my arms, moshing and headbanging like I'm at a Cannibal Corpse concert, even though no music is playing at all. It's good exercise and the horrified looks are priceless. :lol:

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread borderlines most of you between attention seeking divas and ADHD, congratulations :lol:

Bad habits from guitar, none. I don't do any of this weird ass shit :lol:

Onegunsolution

Brown man
Reaction score
This thread borderlines most of you between attention seeking divas and ADHD, congratulations :lol:

Bad habits from guitar, none. I don't do any of this weird ass shit :lol:

You sir are lying out of your lying lie hole full of fuckin lies.

Genetics make me shake my legs, add a good amount of years of metal to it and Im tappin my feet at 7000bpm :lol: I make the guitar faces while air guitaring to juicy solos (Some vai or govan its over man) I can be a dick about friends liking cheesy or "sheep food" music. And the worst of all, I'm attached to forums that have instilled me with GAS of ungodly belief haha.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
My turn signal clicker is a metronome, and it makes me annoy everyone else in the car when my steering wheel becomes a drum.

Stealthtastic

Doesn't play guitar
Reaction score
I tell all the kids how the music they listen to is generic, 4/4, allegro tempo, basic, dumbassery with the simplest overused song structure of: Intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus, outro, variation utilizing basic kick snare drum patterns that have been used by hundreds of bands. While the guitar work (if any) also has the most simplistic chord progressions that have also been used 458976289734 times by tons of other bands, because these front leading "musicians" are generic molestors of the arts.

Heroin

I am wombat
Reaction score
making guitar riffs with my mouth, random death metal growls/high pitch screams, and double bass pedal-ing :lol: I'm pretty sure there's a few people that think I'm autistic at this point

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
I overanalyze any music and critic it. I hum, whistle, and do growls all the damn time. I also "tap" out riffs with my fretting hand, drives people nuts. :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score

To be fair, this is a metal-centric site, so we could've just assumed as much without even reading this thread :lol:.

Reaction score
honestly before this thread i thought i had ADHD because of how much i do all of this:lol::ugh:

i also noticed that i now do double bass in conjunction with my right hand playing the bass lines and using my rhythmic teeth chattering to do the rolls for the drums.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I also walk around bobbing my head to music that isn't actually playing... Or start air drumming for no reason and I'm not a drummer...

Beat Poet

Reaction score
Mine is not washing regularly. Well obviously I do, but if I'm doing a particularly heavy recording during the day or a gig that night, I'll wait until afterwards to wash!

Maniacal

Reaction score
Main issue for me is becoming incredibly reclusive. I put this down to too much practice, writing books and getting my teaching business up and running.

Now I simply sit in my cave......shredding

')