Badass song! Also, where to start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khaerruhl

Reaction score
Indeed! Looked up his website hoping to see atleast what kind of tuning he has, some kind of open tuning starting with an A#? Im lost. Doesn't say on the site and I normally don't listen to this kind of music.

Noticed that he's been playing since he was like 4 or something too. That's dedication for ya.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
A lot of the folky finger style guys use open tunings. Just listen for the lowest note he hits and he's probably tuned to that note's open chord.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Good things to know to start playing is slap guitar/bass and good muting. Not to mention tapping. Not the uber fast tapping but hitting harmonics and such here and there.

powerball13

Reaction score
His record label 'candyrat records" has A LOT of fingerstyle artists. The biggest names in my book are Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour, but there are many new guys on the scene. There are actually tabs available at their website. I have picked up a lot of techniques over the years just learning different songs by these guys. Lots of time spend re-watching the videos and looking over the tabs.

Here is one of my newest tunes. Has some cool double hand tapping at the end