Badlands Guitars, another youtuber brand

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I feel like for the target demographics, this'll be in tough competition with the new MIA Jacksons (~$2k IIRC) and on the other side by the higher end USA Charvels. Hard to see them having a competitive advantage in that spread.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like for the target demographics, this'll be in tough competition with the new MIA Jacksons (~$2k IIRC) and on the other side by the higher end USA Charvels. Hard to see them having a competitive advantage in that spread.

Yeah, seems like poor timing.

Jackson/Charvel has pushed out so much more competitive models in the last five or six years.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I like it.

And yeah, Phil has become one of the YT guys I'll search up if I'm interested in something. Tone King seems like a good guy too, but I haven't watched much from him in a long while, and never much to begin with.

Being limited runs, I think they'll do well enough, and I hope they succeed. Plus, with shops like GMW going refinish only, I'm glad to see others pop up in a similar space. People may want to complain, but a lot of the smaller companies are owned or run by dudes getting up there in age. Seeing new companies that are doing similar things at least keeps the idea alive so long as they find enough success.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
I like it and have a bit more faith in it being decent with Phil being involved, rather than just being some random new guitar brand.

However, I won't be buying it unless they have an Indo or Korean model (and for roughly half this price). For me to spend $2500 on a guitar, it has to be special and also - not a brand-new company.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Seeing as there are LTD's and Schecter's creeping up to the $2k mark, $2499 for a USA made guitar that doesnt have the reach and resources as your Fenders and Gibsons and Jacksons, I don't find it that "unaffordable". And frankly, doesn't seem to be marketed to be affordable anyways, just another option to pick. I'm not going to buy one, but I still hope to see these in the wild someday.

And not a fan of Tone King, he's cheesy to me, but Phil is about as genuine as you can get.

LCW

Reaction score
I find it hideous. Not into the 80s shredder vibe. Never been. And I was born in the 70s. I can smell the hairspray and visualize the spandex with this thing. Yuck.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I find it hideous. Not into the 80s shredder vibe. Never been. And I was born in the 70s. I can smell the hairspray and visualize the spandex with this thing. Yuck.
If you watch the video, Tone King even 'highlights' that they were taking inspiration from bands that played the L.A. club scene (re: hair metal bands). I reckon their target market isn't going to be so much new players but older guys who have money to burn and are really into bands like Quiet Riot, Ratt, etc...

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, don't post that -- I had a shot a second build mimicking that and didn't have the cash at the time to go for it :'( I forgot how beautiful it was.

The neck pickup is called a charlie christian pickup.
Haha that's awesome I hope you go through with it one day, it's such a beautiful body! Huge fan of just natural wood finishes too. Whether they are laquered or not.

Thanks for letting me know, took notes already and saved your post!

')