Badlands Guitars, another youtuber brand

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
They are back with a holoflash version

b5d95e_589ee67349bb46d49a9d1ca9640edb2f~mv2.png
Aww man this is really cool. I've been down the holoflash rabbit hole recently... But at more than 3600$CAD ehhh...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are back with a holoflash version

b5d95e_589ee67349bb46d49a9d1ca9640edb2f~mv2.png

There's just something I don't dig on these. It's probably just the pictures, since Holoflash is a pain in the ass to photograph.

Maybe it looks more like this in person:

IMG_2945.jpeg

I dig that much more.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
There's just something I don't dig on these. It's probably just the pictures, since Holoflash is a pain in the ass to photograph.

Maybe it looks more like this in person:

View attachment 128747

I dig that much more.

For me it's the neck pickup being too close to the neck. I would dislike it even if it wasn't holoflash. Though the headstock also really conflicts with this body spec IMO (I liked it on the red stripey one... wondered how they were going to adapt it to radically different graphics... guess I know now)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me it's the neck pickup being too close to the neck. I would dislike it even if it wasn't holoflash. Though the headstock also really conflicts with this body spec IMO (I liked it on the red stripey one... wondered how they were going to adapt it to radically different graphics... guess I know now)

I don't mind the headstock really. But yeah, that neck pickup looks too close, almost like it's an oops.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Phillip McKnight posted a video. I didn't know they had only been released yesterday.

jwguitar

Reaction score
Here it is,
from Phillip McKnight and The Tone King

First piece of gear
View attachment 119987
Stuff is full USA made, in Southern California
Price is NOT affordable, at $ 2499

I like the look of the guitar. It reminds me of the old Aria Pro ii “The Cat” guitar or mid 80’s Westone guitar. However, the price is a bit high and the fact that the brand is associated with The Tone King and Phil McKnight is just a hard pass for me.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
I like the look of the guitar. It reminds me of the old Aria Pro ii “The Cat” guitar or mid 80’s Westone guitar. However, the price is a bit high and the fact that the brand is associated with The Tone King and Phil McKnight is just a hard pass for me.
After watching the video I agree, it comes off as like a $1000 off-brand, rather than a $3000 USA.

Maybe it's just me but the holofash seems kinda... blocky?

Out of the loop but I love drama... Please explain!

jwguitar

Reaction score
After watching the video I agree, it comes off as like a $1000 off-brand, rather than a $3000 USA.

Maybe it's just me but the holofash seems kinda... blocky?

Out of the loop but I love drama... Please explain!
There isn’t any drama. I just can’t see the appeal from buying a guitar that is associated with two out of shape, middle aged guys who can’t really play guitar themselves. On the other hand, I very much understand that using your YouTube channel with a lot of subscribers will indeed get you sales. These Badland guitars just don’t speak to me.

jwguitar

Reaction score
Looks like there are only 7 slots left so 93 people seem to like it.
Well as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or beer holder). With those guys YouTube following I’d imagine there would be at least a hundred customers for their guitars.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Well as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or beer holder). With those guys YouTube following I’d imagine there would be at least a hundred customers for their guitars.
He said recently they could make more but the shop they sub contract to can't keep up with the current workload..

jwguitar

Reaction score
He said recently they could make more but the shop they sub contract to can't keep up with the current workload..
I don’t doubt that. He has amassed a huge YouTube following (which is quite a big accomplishment). If you have an audience that likes you and listens to your advice, you can definitely turn those into buying customers.

')