BAH, blackout 7

• Thread starter neroceasar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neroceasar

DEATHMETAL!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I called my GC guy a few days ago and canceled my order for my (2) blackout 7s. Reason 1: they where supposed to ship on the 4th. Reason 2: I would have to put a battery box in my rg1077xl. Final conclusion: since i have $300 saved I'm just gonna order a lundgren M-7 for around the same price as the 2 blackouts.

FortePenance

Reaction score
You can just put the battery in the control cavity. I guess I can see what you mean by being slightly pissed off at the fact that they've been on backorder for so long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
a set of lundgrens is 400, why not save a bit and get both? or is it just more than you wanna spend on pickups?

a week is really fast for getting custom pickups. shit, just getting colored dimarzios takes like 3 weeks

frank falbo

Reaction score
Uh, guys, I'm sure the Lundgrens are great pickups, but I worry when someone says they've been "waiting" for Blackouts on order, or that they were "supposed to ship" on a certain date. You're waiting for literally the first units ever produced. Also we never made any promises on the ship dates, especially on specific orders. So if GC quotes a shipping date they're going off hearsay, or we might've given estimates but no firm dates.

The only reason it seems like a long wait is because we let the cat out of the bag early because of Dino. These pups are being shipped now, and after they've begun full production they'll be readily available.

Yes you can put the battery in the electronics cavity. You won't need a battery compartment.

Seriously, the Lundgrens are probably great and I support you in your decision, but I just don't want any miscaracterizations. We've moved as quickly as possible on this project out of respect for the 7-string community, and it would sadden me if a few of you turned on us because we were a month or two later than when you thought we'd be ready, or than we'd hoped. Trust me, these pickups are well worth the wait!

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't worry Frank :hug:

<---Will be getting a set.

Also, a note about GC, they'll tell you bullshit shipping dates just to get you to leave them alone.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and they suck. its like fucking guitar walmart, just not QUITE as destructive to all things based on earth

<---biased against Guitar Center for some reason im not sure of :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What the hell are you tools talking about? $170 for a set of Blackouts isn't fair enough? They're shipping now, relax. Stop your bitching. I'm still waiting for mine too. Also they do not suck, anyone who thinks that way, I seriously have to wonder what you did wrong along the way (or if you have ears).

I apologize Frank, clearly it's heroin night here. Pay no attention.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize Frank, clearly it's heroin night here. Pay no attention.
:lol: thats fucking quality right there. your shit delivers nick :lol:

What the hell are you tools talking about? $170 for a set of Blackouts isn't fair enough?
I didnt hear anybody bitch about price :scratch:

They're shipping now, relax. Stop your bitching. I'm still waiting for mine too.
Agreed. people are seriously impatient for gear around here

Also they do not suck, anyone who thinks that way, I seriously have to wonder what you did wrong along the way (or if you have ears).
lol is my liking emg's more getting to you? :lol: nah they are good pickups, i have to agree with you on that, just not my thing. did i miss somebody else actually bitching about how they sound somewhere?

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
that last post did seem pretty agressive, i noticed that
but lol, i think i have to take partial credit for that cause i consistantly like the emg's better than the blackouts. hes just doesnt understand why and i think its driving him up the walls :lol:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered the blackout 7's (standard size) in one of my KxK's. The fact I won't have to carve my guitar up is enough to make them better, nevermind the tonal superiority that Nick is talking about.

Latest posts