Bailout fails house vote

• Thread starter Lee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question, isnt this sort of good because if everything just turned cheaper it means that you can buy a bunch of stocks so when they bounce back up you make lots of cash.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
I have a question, isnt this sort of good because if everything just turned cheaper it means that you can buy a bunch of stocks so when they bounce back up you make lots of cash.

Sort of, if you know which companies are going to be still standing and you dont buy too early. It is good in a way such that shitty companies get punished and good companies are left standing. That is if the markets are left alone.

Someone asked earlier if I had read the bill and yes I had. I have also read the new bill which you can find here: http://www.cspan.org/pdf/hr1424_100108.pdf
Thank god for this tax break:
Sec. 503. Exemption from excise tax for certain wooden arrows designed for use by children. :hbang:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

Look into stock market index funds instead of individual stocks - it might reduce your gains somewhat, but they are much more diversified and usually only list the biggest, most secure companies in an industry (or in the whole stock market, period). I'm buying right away. They perform very well over time, averaging 11% for the past 50 years I believe for the big NYSE composite index, and don't require active management. Great investment IMO, especially when the whole stock market has dropped so seriously - it will make some good money in the coming years if not months.

Se7enMeister

*Likes Basswood*
Reaction score
My entire college fund is in the stock market.

It's okay, my tuition rate will be locked in for all four years at the price it is right now.

Oh, nevermind. Making college affordable is apparently superfluous to Mr. Perdue. Wonderful.

I'ma gunna be a smart man wen I grows up.

hey man dont be dissin' HOPE, besides there are some good instate schools in GA, HOPE is paying for me to go to GA tech so i am happy

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sort of, if you know which companies are going to be still standing and you dont buy too early. It is good in a way such that shitty companies get punished and good companies are left standing. That is if the markets are left alone.

Someone asked earlier if I had read the bill and yes I had. I have also read the new bill which you can find here: http://www.cspan.org/pdf/hr1424_100108.pdf
Sec. 503. Exemption from excise tax for certain wooden arrows designed for use by children. :hbang:

:lol:

Reaction score

Thanks for the info man, and yes; we can now start purchasing wooden arrows designed for use by children! :lol:

Look into stock market index funds instead of individual stocks - it might reduce your gains somewhat, but they are much more diversified and usually only list the biggest, most secure companies in an industry (or in the whole stock market, period). I'm buying right away. They perform very well over time, averaging 11% for the past 50 years I believe for the big NYSE composite index, and don't require active management. Great investment IMO, especially when the whole stock market has dropped so seriously - it will make some good money in the coming years if not months.

Thanks for the info, i cant invest anyways though, im a minor and if i was to make any money i would end up screwing my family over because of tax implications.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yes, it was to each according to his need.

heh students would be at the top then lol:cool:

instead of wasting 700B, why not put it toward something else...like the fucked up education system, yeah the money comes from nowhere but if you're gonna use it use it for something which will make a difference. Our political system is fundamentally fucked.

')