Ballurio pickups

• Thread starter Arctodus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arctodus

king of the monsters
Reaction score
As far as I know you can only buy the humbucker sets from them on ebay(or probably directly from the factory) so I did just that it'll cost you 200 bucks for S3 series set and 300 bucks for S2 series set.

I have a set and had them momentarily installed in an Ibanez, I got high output neodymium ones (S2). The sound is unbelievable. Its so crisp even if you dime the distortion knob(which I don't do to often but just as a test). Every note you pick sparkles. All the highs mids and lows are pretty much evened out. The sound of a neodymium magnet is hard to explain its alnico like with the fat warm but it has a clearer bell chime, more acoustic and natural. I always wanted neodymium magnet pickups when I picked up the electric guitar and I finally got a set. Right now they aren't installed in anything but they may go into an Epi SG soon. I'm itching to use them again.

These pickups make trash out of EMGs SDs and Dimarzios tonally. They may not have the character everyone is looking for though. I highly recommend them as I've found my tone.

If I get them installed sometime soon I'll put some clips up. Just preaching about pickups doesn't do them justice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Open Wounds

Reaction score
hmm... q-tuners use neodymium pickups too.there called gl-7's. interesting someone else has decided to use neodymium magnets also.

Reaction score
I'd like to try some of those q-tuners out. The seem pretty awesome! I would try the ballurios if they were made for 7 strings too.

')