Band Horror Stories!

• Thread starter foreverburn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
^Your guitarist seemed to be veeeery nonchalant about shitting his pants. :lol: Lesson learned kids: if you do crabcore, you will shit yourself. The universe wants to make absolutely sure that you look as stupid as possible while doing it.

Thats what was awesome...he acted like it never happend....or it happens all the time :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Divinehippie

ESaD ;)
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, dudes. haha But, I think I'm gonna go with ghstofperdition on this one and try to let it go. Or at least get him with something a little more subtle. :lol:

this is of course the best course of action (as far as being a welll adjusted and level headed adult is concerned) . just let karma claim another victim. but hey it's always fun to day dream about getting revenge eh? haha xD

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
I have numerous stories. I don't know that writing about them is a good idea. These are stories I'm trying to forget. lol!

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
^those may be the one's you're trying to forget but i think those are the ones we want to hear xD.

This. Posting them might get them out of your system and make it easier to forget about. And we need more enjoyment out of your suffering.

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
I have a few different ones, but one of my most memorable:

I was in this band in high school for a couple of years and we we're awful. Like really awful at first, then after a couple years not so awful lol. Our music was always okay but our vocalist was terrible and just an obnoxious asshole.

Well anyways, we started to get kinda decent, and had made friends with a couple other bands that in our eyes were amazingly good. They invited us to play a show at this place called Rooster's Roadhouse in Alameda, CA. We we're in a suburb called Livermore and Alameda was attached to Oakland and it was our first actual "venue" (as opposed to high school functions and stupid things like that.)

So we're all stoked to be playing this show. We we're actually playing with metal bands. All the bands in our area were pop-punk and at this time we're starting to turn into screamo kinda outfits. But we we're playing with metal bands and this was our first real opportunity to play for people who may like us. Well what does our singer do? He gets stupidly drunk and high before we play. What does he do on stage? Starts yelling at the audience and talking shit to the people there because no one is moshing or getting into our music. We we're a new band and no one there had ever seen or heard us, so it's natural to not get any kind of reaction because people are actually watching you, and honestly, we weren't all that great anyways.

That was such an embarassing moment. I remember us being on stage and just feeling so stupid because he was acting like an asshole. A couple weeks later he got kicked out and replaced and then our band got really good and signed and blah blah blah....but that shit was horrendous lol.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I've gone through the usual. Losing money, fights, break-ups, etc. In my last serious band, the other guitarist broke (completely destroyed) 2 guitars live, one in Quebec City and one somewhere in Ontario. Then he somehow forgot a guitar in London and the girl that found it was supposed to ship it to him but it never arrived. Somehow, he's incredibly indifferent about it all :lol: A few of my friends have some pretty ridiculous stories from their tours, though. One of them was texting shit about anal sex to a girl and it turned out it was her dad's phone and he threatened to kill the guys in the band. In response, two of the guys in the band double-teamed the girl in her shower and jizzed in her dad's shampoo bottle :ugh:

... Somehow I have a feeling that JJ would approve :lol:

Well fvck me, I haven't thought about this in years. Thanks for the flashback :lol:

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
...informed me that the "hardcore kids" from part 1 of the story had stopped by my drummer's house one day when I wasn't there and rubbed their dicks and balls on my guitar. ....It's years later now, but I will have my revenge. *rubs palms together in a menacing fashion* Anyone got any tips on a good, disgusting prank to do to someone who totally deserves it?

OK, so your post was from months ago and you're banned, but other people may require a good, disgusting prank. To you, I give: Shrimping.

No, not the fetish practice of toe sucking. The placing of a bag of shrimp in a very well hidden location in someone's domicile, place of work, or automobile. There are many outstanding locations to hide a bag of shrimp. Here are some favourites:

Taped to the underside of damn near anything.
Right up the centre pole of an office chair.
In a dashboard.
In a light fixture.

Anywhere you think a bag of shrimp can fester and moulder for a few weeks will suffice.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I've got a few random stories...

My band at the time was getting ready to play a show, and we were setting up all of our gear onstage, and I realize that I had somehow forgotten my speaker cable to connect my head to my cab. Our other guitarist starts giving me endless amounts of shit, being a real dick about it, going on and on as he's setting his shit up...and then he kinda trails off mid-sentence, and gets this horrified look on his face. Turns out that he had forgotten his ENTIRE PEDAL BOARD, so he had to endure the whole ride back to the practice space to get his board and my cable with me smirking at him like an asshole. :lol:

When I was in the band before that one, we were in the process of recording demos, but it was like, wayyyy last-minute, as it was a couple days before a show we were doing, and we wanted to sell CD's at the show. Everything took longer than planned, and it wound up with me trying to mix the demos on the computer at the place we were playing a couple hours before the show. Everything was going wrong, I was all stressed and freaking out, and then once I finally get it all done...somehow the CD burner on the computer we were using wasn't working, so it turned out we couldn't sell CD's at the show after all, and I had gone through all of that for nothing.

And then there was the time we played at a battle of the bands...the event was put on by this dude who owned a studio, and we were told we'd be the third band of the night. We get there, and start meeting and talking with people there. They find out that our bassist (my younger brother) was under 18, and for some reason (since the show was at a bar) they made us go on first instead of third...I am still mystified as to the reasoning on this, and if someone is familiar with Washington law and can tell me how it's somehow more legal for someone under 18 to play in a bar a couple hours earlier in the day than not, I'd love to know. Anyways, the show was a total disaster...I broke a string right as we kicked into the heavy part of the first song (luckily, I had a backup guitar), and the onstage mix was so godawful that I had to turn and see if the little light on my amp was on to make sure I was on the distortion channel. Needless to say, we lost the battle, but the only bands that ever advanced in any of the rounds of this whole thing were bands that had bought time at the guy's studio, so I don't think it would have mattered what kind of show we played.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
This one time, in my old band in high school, Skittle Biscuit. We were having a house show at our bassist's house one night. Our singer brought some spice (AKA synthetic marijuana. It was legal in Georgia at the time) to the show. For those of you who aren't familiar, it's supposed to be a legal substitute for pot, and the effects vary greatly from person to person. After the show, we smoked it.

I was rocking back and forth in the fettle position in our bassist's hot tub, repeating over and over in a loop "My name is Scotty. I play guitar in Skittle Biscuit and I will be OK. My name is Scotty. I play guitar in Skittle Biscuit and I will be OK. My name is Scotty. I play guitar in Skittle Biscuit and I will be OK." According to my bandmates I also would stick my head under water and blow bubbles for 10 seconds before surfacing again. That was an interesting night.

TL,DR: Don't do drugs, MMKAY?

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Nothing bad. The instrumental band I was in played a battle of the bands at some state fair. They said they would supply the drums and amps. We get there and there was no drums, amps and the sound system wasn't even hooked up lol. The lady that organized it got boned by the people that were suppose to set things up. Lucky we already had our amps with us and since we only lived at 15 minutes away we ran back and picked up the drum set. I was surprised at how many bands needed to us our amps and all of them used the drum set. We took second and were one of the bands invited back to play a hr long set the fallowing day. But lucky for us it got rained out:( We were so ready to play that we just through a party instead and played anyways lol.

Only other bad thing is when my old grind/ deathmetal band had a show at some armory and some a hole broke the jack on my cab. I had to barrow a 2x12 cab to use for the show.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
My old guitarist(I was the drummer)was so chilled during rehearsals.I mean the normal guy with his little solos during the vocal breaks etc.
On live situations though,he was SO scared it wasn't even funny,he wasn't changing pickups,presets,he was foregetting riffs,beinding out of tone etc.
Not cool

')