Band I'm mixing (6 string, metalcore, Drop B, nothing by me)

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
my buddy dan decided he was sick of pop punk and is making a metalcore EP and I've been paid 100 bucks a song to record for him. sweet deal.

i'm in the mixing process for his song "through my eyes" and just finished the first pass at the full track with vocals. I re-amped the guitars, and bass, and quantized the drums up.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4840052/Through my Eyes with vocals.mp3

check it out.

criticism is GOOD, on the guitar tone, bass tone and drums, and the mixing as a whole, it's a different style I'm mixing so i want to get it sounding better.

so tell me anything, and if you want some material from me, it's over here:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/re...-missed-me-3-fibonacci-song-side-project.html

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredguitar7

Reaction score
Guitars sound kind of thin.. i know with your usual Djent stuff you have the lows cut right out for the most part.. try adding some bass to them.. kick drum is a little sterile sounding.. vocals are a touch too loud.. liking the music as a whole.. but the vocals are drowing everything out.. good start though. sounds like a killer deal. 100 a song.. id do it. haha..

RG7

Reaction score
yea Jesse is right about the thinning out part. lower the volume on the vox and I think reverb sounds a bit silly. Boost bass+mids and add some distortion to the bass or some kind of punch to it. otherwise, really good.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Jesse has hit the nail on the head there really, just needs to be beefed up instrumentally and vocals drop down a tad so they sit beter in the mix

IamOthello

Reaction score
I'm not much of a mix guy, but the drumset ( minus the kick ) sounds really weak in the mix.

Ionei

Reaction score
Vocalist sounds pretty crappy.
Anyway you can get him to re-track and double/triple/quad track everything to thicken his screams up?

Also im not digging the snare much.

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
The lead guitar seems a bit low in the mix during some parts , other than that it sounds pretty good.

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
Guitar tone is very thin, drums need to come down. Guitar tracks are pretty sloppy.

Vocals seem to loud as well.... maybe just turn the guitars up 1-2db

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
can't tell you much about the guitars, i didnt do them, and after about 6 hours, i'm gonna leave it as is. it's just demo quality.

I'll raise them.

')