Band Like Whitechapel, Carnifex and Through The Eye Of The Dead???

• Thread starter Joel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
check out bleed from within.

they are from my city and just got signed and should have an album out end of next month.

their tracks on myspace are pretty good i think.

ephriamiv7

Reaction score
PS - I just checkd, the new album leaked, and judging by the first song, it blows Mechanics of Dysfunction out of the water, and sounds a lot more like their EP :hbang: Also, keep in mind this is from someone who usually fucking hates deathcore, so this is saying something :lol:

i agree tons tons tons orf blastbeats

Giamatti

Reaction score
Beneath the Massacre definitely have hardcore influences, I don't see how anyone could possibly argue otherwise. If they didn't, it wouldn't be considered deathcore

I don't really see how, like if you were to compare Beneath The Massacre to those old school hardcore bands like Bad Brains or whatever, or even heavy Hardcore like The Acacia Strain, there are virtually no similarities, minus "breakdowns", using the word in a massively general way. When I say that I mean the Acacia Strain would never play something like "Untitled" off of Mechanics Of Dysfuncion, even though it's choppy and that. I know they call themselves Deathcore but it doesn't mean the band themselves pull influence from hardcore. I don't listen to hardcore fullstop, and I've been in a tech/deathcore band. :2c:

i wasn't saying that Despised Icon was metalcore..I was saying their newer stuff ie The Ills of Modern Man...is definately a lot more core than Consumed By Your Poison...

Oh it definately is, you're bang on. I really didn't like Consumed By Your Poison though, The Healing Process and The Ills... would be the only Despised Icon I'd listen to.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
try out With Blood Comes Cleansing, cool dudes

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ironically enough, Bleed From Within sent me a myspace friend request today. :lol:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
thanks for the list :yesway:

i have only just got into deathcore...
to be honest i used to hate it... but actually, as long a the bands dont have too much hardcore influence then it ok... ie. Beneath The Masacre etc...

ive found that recently i like bands from pretty much every genre imaginable... its really helping me in my guitar playing a well because i can see where each style fits in together...

if anybody has any other suggestions then thanks...

Assuming you know what real hardcore was/is(mostly was:lol:)...

Nick

Reaction score
funnily enough the 'true' metal fans in glasgow (where BFW) are from say they are shit but thats pretty much par for the course here. As soon as anyone gets anywhere they are sellouts haha. even if they are playing blasts at 220bpm etc.

one of the main problems with the metal community here and no doubt why BFW hardly play here lol

wes225

Banned
Reaction score
my band will be deathcore, but more death then core

cannibal corpse + breakdowns every now n then, definitely not every song

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
PS - I just checkd, the new album leaked, and judging by the first song, it blows Mechanics of Dysfunction out of the water, and sounds a lot more like their EP :hbang: Also, keep in mind this is from someone who usually fucking hates deathcore, so this is saying something :lol:
How in the shit are they deathcore?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Why are we arguing about a "genre?" Is it "deathmetal or deathcore?" Who cares?

It's metal. :2c:

killermetal666

Abigail Williams 08
Reaction score
abigail wiliams:hbang::bowdown:

Cannibal Corpses lyrics are heavy but not their riffs

The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza fucking destroy, Danza 2 has been on repeat for a few days now. Not hugely into death core, but Veil Of Maya and Born of Osiris I love.

:hbang::metal: but what about winds of plague???????:mad:

suffocation are likr the grandparents of deathcore along with dying fetus

Talk to the dead is my way of communicaton!!!!! srry satans in my body:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')