Bands drop b on 7 string or b f# b e a c# f#

jds93

Reaction score
does anyone know anybands im into melodic hardcore or melodic metal core but if anyone knows anybands other than all shall perish that tune a 7 string in drop b so the string low to high would be : b f# b e a c# f#? any bands in any genre would be helpful im curious thanks guys:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Unearth started doing that recently but I don't know if any of their albums were written like that. Only their most recent would have

Dakotaspex

The Uniballer
Reaction score
All Shall Perish did this on Awaken the Dreamers and all earlier releases.

EDIT: Didn't finish reading OP. Damn

Chuck

Reaction score
does anyone know anybands im into melodic hardcore or melodic metal core but if anyone knows anybands other than all shall perish that tune a 7 string in drop b so the string low to high would be : b f# b e a c# f#? any bands in any genre would be helpful im curious thanks guys:hbang:

Lots of bands play metalcore in drop B, just necessarily on a 7 string

Parkway Drive
This or the Apocalypse
Heart in Hand
The Ghost Inside
Veil of Maya
The Chariot
The Devil Wears Prada
Elitist
Fellsilent(but actually its a bit different than drop B, as its a open B I think)
Of Virtue
Substructure
Tesseract(same as Fellsilent)

EDIT: And also drop B on a six is B F# B E G# C#, so on 7 wouldn't it be the same just adding a high F# ??

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
really interesting i thot they always used b standard cool thanks man=]

they had until earlier in 2012. my rhythm guitarist takes lessons from Buz, he said they changed on some songs both new and old to make them a little easier to play but they still use standard B as well

kn1feparty

Guitarded
Reaction score
I think a lot of Breaking Benjamin's stuff is in this tuning, but they do it on 6 string bari if I recall.

johnny_ace

Reaction score
slipknot
chevelle
stone sour
machine head
rob zombie on some

you could also tune you're seven with a double c# for the 1st string, i just have mine tuned to G# standard and drop the 6th string when i need drop b

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
slipknot
chevelle
stone sour
machine head
rob zombie on some

you could also tune you're seven with a double c# for the 1st string, i just have mine tuned to G# standard and drop the 6th string when i need drop b

None of those bands use 7s.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
but they use that tuning, just because they use 6 string does not mean
you can adjust to play on 7 string with the same tuning...

I know but the title of this thread is "Bands drop b on 7 string or B f# b e a c# f#. OP is looking for bands that use 7s that play in either of those tunings.

vibrator

Reaction score
The band Tesseract uses a tuning very similar to drop B on their album One.
The tuning is Bb, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb. On their EP Concealing the fate, they use the same tuning except the Bb is dropped a step. I know it isn't drop B, but it's in the ballpark and it has seven strings.

')