Bands in drop D

• Thread starter DecrepitBeing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DecrepitBeing

Reaction score
im going to be playing in this tuning for a while now, as my band just swtiched tuning on me. thing is im not to used to it, ill just have to adjust. BUT, for fun, what are some bands that have fun songs to play in drop D?
i know thers lamb of god, and psycroptic, but what are some other fun bands out there? i really think there are tons of threads like this, but i couldnt find any drop d ones, so forgive me guys. thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
Like 1/3 of the entire Smashing Pumpkins catalog is drop D, Tool is 98% drop D, Porcupine Tree have like 15 drop D tracks, and uh uh

uh
uh
uh?

DecrepitBeing

Reaction score
love porcupine tree, would you happen to know top of your head what tuning "sound of muzak" is in?

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Flyleaf, The Haunted, Lamb of God (their good albums; As The Palaces Burn and New American Gospel. Can't say after that because I stopped listening), Deftones on the Around the Fur album, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Volbeat, and some Ratt songs (such as my favorite, "Lay it Down").

That's all I can pull of the top of my head.

Hankey

Reaction score
"Ashes Of The Wake" by LoG is also in Drop-D.

Trivium also has a lot of songs in Drop-D (Ascendancy)

Xarn

Reaction score
Death is in D standard, should be farily easy to convert. Enough riffs and songs to learn, and there's good tabs for pretty much all of them.

Doesn't Decrepit Birth tune to D as well?

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Norther is in drop D in most of (or all of) their new stuff

')