Bands in drop D

• Thread starter DecrepitBeing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
Any metalcore band ever, just transpose from C to D, there you go. xD

But if there was one album or two... or three... or four... you could go to
Avenged Sevenfold. City of Evil and Waking The Fallen were my favourite EVER albums to play when I started

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Pantera didn't do drop tunings. If anyone of there songs is actually in Drop D (well, 40 cents below) it would be Primal Concrete Sledge.

This is why I get so pissed off that I can't find a decent tab for Walk - every tab that has the solo is in drop D.

Micah55

Reaction score
im pretty sure cloudkicker has been using drop d on atleast his last album or two

Interloper

Reaction score
Quite sure it's in Drop D :spock:

100% positive that Blood and Thunder is in D standard. No reason to tune 5 strings up when 99% of the rest of their catalog is in D Standard, that and they don't change guitars for that song and there is no reason to do it in drop tuning anyway.

Also, All Gojira is either D standard or Drop C and Around the Fur is Drop D flat.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
100% positive that Blood and Thunder is in D standard. No reason to tune 5 strings up when 99% of the rest of their catalog is in D Standard, that and they don't change guitars for that song and there is no reason to do it in drop tuning anyway.

Also, All Gojira is either D standard or Drop C and Around the Fur is Drop D flat.

Looks like I may have to edit my post then...

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Flyleaf, The Haunted, Lamb of God (their good albums; As The Palaces Burn and New American Gospel. Can't say after that because I stopped listening), Deftones on the Around the Fur album, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Volbeat, and some Ratt songs (such as my favorite, "Lay it Down").

That's all I can pull of the top of my head.

I believe the haunted plays in C standard. They may have experimented later on, but most of their stuff is in C standard.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
No, I'm saying it's in open D minor not DADFAE. Could you show me something official showing this is not the case?

Not really official, but if you listen to Harlequin Forest, the middle harmonic section doesn't really sound correct in standard open-Dm. D-A-D-F-A-E sounds perfect.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
King's X are probably one of the best users of Drop D in my opinion. :D

Ty used standard E and Drop D for Silent Planet, Gretchen, Faith, and their self-titled release.

Tool, Rammstein (Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter, and Liebe Ist For Alle Da), Soundgarden, Melvins (Houdini), and Volbeat (not sure if drop D or standard D), are also some other bands that come to mind.

Also, The Thing That Should Not Be by Metallica and Room For One More by Anthrax is Drop D. Detox by Strapping Young Lad is played in Open C, but I think you can get off by playing it in drop D.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Ascendency by Trivium has already been mentioned, but they also did an awesome song for the God of War 3 soundtrack that was in drop D.

')