Bands Like Meshuggah

Loknik

Reaction score
Hey, I've been addicted to Diabolic5150's release and his new tunes, and i heard he was like Meshuggah. So when I checked them out, I really thought the vocals detracted from the insane song writing. Are there any bands like Meshuggah but without vocals (more like Keith)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M

Metal Wizard

Limp Bizkit, Korn, Fear Factory, etc. It's just nu-metal. Not a unique sound at all. During your first year of guitar lessons, this band just seems killer. Man, listen to those rhythms. Then as time goes on you realize that (a) not much goes on in Meshuggah songs and (b) past the rhythmic technique, nothing they're doing is particularly hard. So you're listening to faux prog that really has more in common with a bad Exhorder or Vio-lence clone. Errr... I'll pass.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Check out Cloudkicker, Friend For A Foe (also on this forum), Animals As Leaders, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects (guitarist from Meshuggah's solo cd), Fellsilent, Textures, Sikth, A Life Once Lost, and After The Burial.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Limp Bizkit, Korn, Fear Factory, etc. It's just nu-metal. Not a unique sound at all. During your first year of guitar lessons, this band just seems killer. Man, listen to those rhythms. Then as time goes on you realize that (a) not much goes on in Meshuggah songs and (b) past the rhythmic technique, nothing they're doing is particularly hard. So you're listening to faux prog that really has more in common with a bad Exhorder or Vio-lence clone. Errr... I'll pass.

:nuts::spock:

errnestoo

Reaction score

:scratch:

Put down the haterade man.

tbird11

Reaction score

I'm with MFB, this post makes no sense at all to me:nuts::nono::noway::squint:

DarkRaven03

Reaction score

That would explain things.

Loknik

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll check these bands out when there's a lull between classes.:hbang:
P.S. I wonder if metal wizard actually realizes he called diabolic nu-metal... I hope diabolic decides to smite him haha

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

dumbest. post. EVAR!

he's right about Meshuggah not being particularly hard though.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
he's right about Meshuggah not being particularly hard though.

I think most of the riffs they're 'known for' aren't that hard but some of it is far from easy, IMO. Playing the main riff of Bleed and some of it's variations is a bit of a trick for me.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I think most of the riffs they're 'known for' aren't that hard but some of it is far from easy, IMO. Playing the main riff of Bleed and some of it's variations is a bit of a trick for me.

they've definitely got some tricky stuff, but a lot of it is just remembering rhythms that eventually resolve.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
they've definitely got some tricky stuff, but a lot of it is just remembering rhythms that eventually resolve.

Yeha man, I was learning Stengah and the riff is easy, but remembering teh timing is kinda tricky. And some of their songs have subtle little bits that you barely notice and get missed out. And Bleed just takes the piss.

To the OP. theres a guy on here who goes under the name Hawkevil, and his stuff is simply epic. Check it out here :

Chris Tranmer on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score

Actually getting into the "groove" of the riffs is the hardest part, most guitarists i've seen that have attempted to play a Mesh song have actually missed this point entirely, it's not playing it, it's feeeeeeeeling it.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Check out Cloudkicker, Friend For A Foe (also on this forum), Animals As Leaders, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects (guitarist from Meshuggah's solo cd), Fellsilent, Textures, Sikth, A Life Once Lost, and After The Burial.
I'd like to add Mnemic, Sybreed and Synthetic Breed to that list :yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Forget about that meshuggah stuff and get a hold of some Spiral Architect and Twisted into Form :yesway:

')