Bands Like Meshuggah

katierose

Reaction score
Check out Cloudkicker, Friend For A Foe (also on this forum), Animals As Leaders, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects (guitarist from Meshuggah's solo cd), Fellsilent, Textures, Sikth, A Life Once Lost, and After The Burial.

I was just about to list all these bands myself. Well done.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Haha, it's hard for me.. I just can't get my picking hand to do some of the stuff they do.

Some Meshuggah is fairly simple but some of it is damn hard. I tried learning Dancers To A Discordant System; that is one fucking hard song!

Also, not sure if it was already mentioned, obvious one being Periphery. :hbang:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I was just about to list all these bands myself. Well done.

Why thank you, looks like we are on the same page here. I have to expand a little more, there were some good mentions that I don't have yet.:lol:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I think most of the riffs they're 'known for' aren't that hard but some of it is far from easy, IMO. Playing the main riff of Bleed and some of it's variations is a bit of a trick for me.

Even Mårten and Fredrik have said that it's crazy difficult and after playing it they're all sore.

thewildturkey

Reaction score
I'd like to add Mnemic, Sybreed and Synthetic Breed to that list :yesway:

WOW synthetic breed post woop woop!! They are friends of mine they live just down the street. hailing all the way from victoria australia.

that band kicks ass, is strongly suggest everyone checks it out. new album coming out by the end of the year too.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
i wouldn't look into after the burial, they dont have much in common rhythmically with Meshuggah other than 8 strings

Loknik

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, these bands are awesome, i wish chris had an ep though, i couldn't find one... :noplease:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Forget about that meshuggah stuff and get a hold of some Spiral Architect and Twisted into Form :yesway:

I was gonna mention Spiral Architect.:lol:

You might also wanna check out Cosyns and Animals as Leaders if the vocals are the main problem, as they have plenty of Meshuggah-style goodness, but are totally instrumental.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
i wouldn't look into after the burial, they dont have much in common rhythmically with Meshuggah other than 8 strings

while this is right, it's one to thing to state it and another not to recommend.

I would definitely recommend After The Burial.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
while this is right, it's one to thing to state it and another not to recommend.

I would definitely recommend After The Burial.

Same, ATB probably make the most use out of 8 string guitars than any guitarist I've seen.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I only recommended them because of that little similarity, other than that they are both completely different.

friday11

Reaction score
God damn it!
Now, I just realized how much freaky musicians and bands are on this earth!! Thank you for starting this thread!! :yesway:

I really have to listen to some more stuff!! :scratch:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just checking out After The Burial right now...

Usually I'm not a fan of hardcore-influenced bands, but this is actually really good stuff!:) Another CD for the ever-increasing shopping list.:lol:

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
P.S. I wonder if metal wizard actually realizes he called diabolic nu-metal... I hope diabolic decides to smite him haha

:lol: I've been called worse..

My next ep will sound just like Godsmack. I just got 4 new "sweet" tribal tattoos, too. I'm ready to party Nu-Metal style.

...where the hell did I put my red baseball cap :scratch:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So Keith I herd u were nu-metalz? U can has br00tals?

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
So Keith I herd u were nu-metalz? U can has br00tals?

I just put on my Adidas jacket. I look like a gangster. My guitar strap isn't long enough though, so I had to sew 2 of them together. I'm gonna go blast some Coal Chamber, brb.

')