Bands/Musicians that get a lot of *hate* but you actually like?

• Thread starter Rylynn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rylynn

Reaction score
Mines are Yngwie Malmsteen, Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold (duh) :wallbash: :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Those aren't friends.

My metal friends hate that I like Killswitch Engage, and my not-metal friends hate that I like, well, metal.

But everybody can't stand Mr Bungle! :)

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I really enjoy Limb Bizkit. :shrug:

Also Marilyn Manson. Mechanical Animals is in my top-10'albums of all time. Judge me ;)

Mischief

Owner of Spleens
Reaction score
Dance Gavin Dance.
They get some hate because 1.Their name, 2.Jonny Craig 3.Jonny Craig's absence, and Tilian Pearson's replacement of him. 4."Tilian Pearson's voice will attract attract homos to listen!" (thank youuu Youtube comment assholes)

Personally, I actually REALLY like Tilian Pearson's voice, so that's completely fine with me.
Also, their guitarist, Will Swan, is really good. They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are quite good at what they do, and I personally enjoy it.

Nirvana. Yeah, they aren't the greatest band to ever touch the earth. Still, I like some of their music.

Maroon 5. Some people love to hate this band. Eh, to each their own. I started listening to them around the time This Love hit the radio, and I've been listening since. Adam Levine was a major vocal influence on me, and I was singing well before I ever started listening to metal, so.. Yeah, if I'm in the mood for something a bit poppier, Maroon 5 is one of the better options, in my opinion.

source field

Reaction score
John Mayer. I'm a fan of him actually... and this is coming from a fan of players like Guthrie Govan, Paul Gilbert & Allan Holdsworth.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nickelback. One of the most impressive live acts I've ever seen. And probably the best rock/metal production I've ever heard on the last 2 albums.

1longhorn

Reaction score
From what I've heard so far, I'm diggin' Winger's Better Days Comin' to be released April 22nd. Hell, I think I'm going to pre order it!

')