Bands/Musicians that get a lot of *hate* but you actually like?

• Thread starter Rylynn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread mate! I loved reading all the comments!
METALLICA! Sell outs? only coz there ....ing awesome

KORN ! Nu metal is a shit name but they didnt come up with it did they!

AVENGED SEVENFOLD! THEY wore make up, there not emo .... GET OVER IT!

CHILDREN OF BODOM! NOT FAGS, EVEN IF THEY WERE.YOU KNOW WHO ELSE IS? ROB HALFORD... ONE OF THE GRANDFATHERS OF METAL

Whoah. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0Zt

Reaction score

Sorry had A LOT of anger XD... As you can probably telll i had alot of stick foor my fave bands. haah
but i feel people are really opening up so i should make another list:

ALL HEAVY DUBSTEP/DRUM AND BASS/ JUNGLE
QUEEN: THOUGHT ALL THE HATERS DIED OUT BUT HEY
Bon Jovi: cock rock never hurt anyone
Eminem, cypress hill and most 90's hip hop
I ENJOY GETTING RICK ROLLED! OK? IM SORRY!:ugh:

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Sorry had A LOT of anger XD... As you can probably telll i had alot of stick foor my fave bands. haah
but i feel people are really opening up so i should make another list:

ALL HEAVY DUBSTEP/DRUM AND BASS/ JUNGLE
QUEEN: THOUGHT ALL THE HATERS DIED OUT BUT HEY
Bon Jovi: cock rock never hurt anyone
Eminem, cypress hill and most 90's hip hop
I ENJOY GETTING RICK ROLLED! OK? IM SORRY!:ugh:
By "heavy" Dubstep do mean Skrillex et al? That's fair enough but I hate it when you say you like Benga or Skream to a brostep fan and the inevitable "that's not real dubtep"/"who the hell is that" gets thrown back in your face. Same with DnB and Jungle...but honestly, if we're going by music that is hated in its respective area of music, what dance fan HATES those genres? It's better to stick to artists for this imo.

I think 90's hip hop gets stick because of...well, 80's hip hop. I guess it was so fresh, expressive and innovative, and was a crucial element in the integration of the black community into U.S culture. 90's gangsta rap was the antithesis to this; sexist attitude to women, self-defeatist ideals and promotion of violence/gang culture
. I personally still like it, but I can see why others get worked up over it. Plus musicality took a bit of a backseat, those Tribe Called Quest and Rakim-esque jazz/funk mix UPS went down the drain .

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Rusty Cooley.

Sure, his playing isn't the most creative, but the guy has scary chops. That solo album he put out has some good songs on it.

Reaction score
Rings Of Saturn
Korn
Slipknot
The Acacia Strain
Cradle Of Filth
Marilyn Manson
Killswitch Engage
I see these bands getting quite a bit of hate but I love all of them. If it wasn't for Korn and Slipknot I probably wouldn't even be listening to metal.
Also, if you hate Queen your opinion on music is equivalent to dog shit to me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Acacia Strain is a guilty pleasure. I've always wanted to hear screaming Joe Swanson in a band.

I love Rammstein. My guitar buddies that are technical and stuff dont like them because they play pretty simple riffs. But they are catchy and watch a live performance by them!!!

....ing this. I've had some friends that said "Rammstein isn't metal."

.... that noise. They have some pretty heavy songs.

]

And on top of that, an awesome live show.

geese_com

Reaction score
I love Rammstein. My guitar buddies that are technical and stuff dont like them because they play pretty simple riffs. But they are catchy and watch a live performance by them!!!

Rammstein came on the radio yesterday and I admit I did not change the station. I actually turned it up!

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I wanted to post in this thread and I looked though all my music but honestly all the bands in my library are pretty undisputedly cool :shrug:

FretsOnFyre

SSO's sociopath
Reaction score
Bruno Mars, dude is talented and get a lot of hate among metalheads

This. I'm not a fan of most of his music, but if you saw the Super Bowl halftime show, dude can play. I'm not a drum expert but that was a pretty mean solo. He's got a great voice too.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I'll add in In Flames. I don't like their newest album though. Despite their complete shift in style over the years, I liked A Sense of Purpose and Come Clarity. More than Soundtrack to Your Escape, or even Clayman.

Whoracle and Colony still kick more ass though.

gh0Zt

Reaction score
By "heavy" Dubstep do mean Skrillex et al? That's fair enough but I hate it when you say you like Benga or Skream to a brostep fan and the inevitable "that's not real dubtep"/"who the hell is that" gets thrown back in your face. Same with DnB and Jungle...but honestly, if we're going by music that is hated in its respective area of music, what dance fan HATES those genres? It's better to stick to artists for this imo.

I think 90's hip hop gets stick because of...well, 80's hip hop. I guess it was so fresh, expressive and innovative, and was a crucial element in the integration of the black community into U.S culture. 90's gangsta rap was the antithesis to this; sexist attitude to women, self-defeatist ideals and promotion of violence/gang culture
. I personally still like it, but I can see why others get worked up over it. Plus musicality took a bit of a backseat, those Tribe Called Quest and Rakim-esque jazz/funk mix UPS went down the drain .

Yeah Skrillex ,Zomboy, Downlink, excision is my fave. lol brostep though...
your right about the 90s hip hop being extremely important(love cypress hill). But g rap sort of made what 90s hip hop had archived all invain with there sexism and ''pop a cap in yo ass ............'' attitude.

jay moth

Reaction score
I mostly prefer Limp Bizkit over Korn.

Probably since I find lyrics of both of them equally dumb, and while Fred is not even trying, Jon does, and (in my opinion) fails. Silly, right?

KingLouis

Gentlemen...DESTROY
Reaction score
I get different hate from different friends, but between them all I think ALL the music I like gets hated on lol.

Animals as Leaders have "no soul or feeling" apparently. Kurt Cobain is a total hack (that one is TOTAL bs, he had an amazing knack for writing). And probably the biggest one...HIM haha. Don't really think I have to explain that one...lol

')