Bands/Musicians that get a lot of *hate* but you actually like?

• Thread starter Rylynn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
I grew up on classic rock and I guess you'd call it hair metal. So I have a soft spot for a lot of things.

The thing that stands out the most for people that I enjoy is

Rap music...specifically horrorcore and old school rap like 2pac
Other than that I LOOOOVVVEEEEE

Hall and Oates
Prince
Michael Jackson
Earth Wind and Fire

I also like some of todays pop music like Katy Perry....and Katy Perry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
All the Old school RnB I listen to and sing.

also converge and carnal forge.

Screw em. I love those bands

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I love the first two My Chemical Romance albums, and the Black Parade was ok, and I only liked like 1 song off their new one.

And my wife is the only one that knows, but she still gives me a bunch of crap about it, but Let It Go is a badass song.

Nonapod

Reaction score
Some of my Spotify playlists look like they were made by a mental patient. I'll have a Commodores song followed by a Goatwhore song followed by an R.E.M. song followed by a Johnny Burnette Trio song followed by a Saxon song followed by a Dream Theater song followed by a Beastie Boys song... you get the idea.

fassaction

Reaction score
Nickelback. One of the most impressive live acts I've ever seen. And probably the best rock/metal production I've ever heard on the last 2 albums.

I get a ton of hate for having a couple of their albums...what can I say, Im a sucker for a good hook, no matter how cheesy it is.

Their tone....my god!!! They have the most heavenly monster modern rock tone that I think is just bitchin. Its hard to not enjoy a song when the tone is THAT good.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
Suicide Silence -But do they really get all that much hate? I don't see much anymore; I think "The Black Crown" really changed a lot of people's minds. I'm a huge fan of everything they've done.

Nah, I think people are just taking the "ignore them and they'll go away" approach. That's what I've been trying to do at least.

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
From what I've heard so far, I'm diggin' Winger's Better Days Comin' to be released April 22nd. Hell, I think I'm going to pre order it!

I just saw Winger perform on the Monsters of Rock Cruise. I'm not sure why anyone ever made fun of those guys, because they are incredible live. I was totally stunned.

I can't claim to be a huge Winger fan, but I liked'em enough to buy their 2011 record, "Karma." It's a good record.

So, who do I like who people hate? Winger, Poison, and Crazy Town.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
Malmsteen, and i totaly get why most people don't like him and even agree with him. yeah he is an arrogant prick at times but if you just set that aside and listen to the playing, whats not to love?

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I just saw Winger perform on the Monsters of Rock Cruise. I'm not sure why anyone ever made fun of those guys, because they are incredible live. I was totally stunned.

I can't claim to be a huge Winger fan, but I liked'em enough to buy their 2011 record, "Karma." It's a good record.

So, who do I like who people hate? Winger, Poison, and Crazy Town.

I don't know much about Crazy Town besides their singles, but I must say that I really like Drowning. That song is awesome and I always listen to it from time to time.

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
Mansun. Probably a weird one, part of the brit-pop scene in the UK in the 90s but kinda disappeared mysteriously (they were compared to Oasis and Blur and the like at the time).

Pretty much anyone I've brought it up with either doesn't know who they are or said they suck. But as far as I can see, they've got some brilliant and weirdly progressive stuff.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
Multiple people on this planet who like Crazy Town actually exist?

....and there goes my last shred of hope for humanity.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wolves In The Throne Room

Way too unknown of a band in the grand scheme of things to have generated any significant degree of 'hate'. In fact this is the first I've heard of them having apparently been hated on somewhere

also converge

They've gotta be one of the most well respected bands in that style :lol:
IMO definitely not a band that gets a lot of hate at all.
Sure not everyone digs them, but I tend to think the vast majority of people that know what the band is about definitely have a degree of respect for them and get why they've been such an important and influential band in that style.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multiple people on this planet who like Crazy Town actually exist?

....and there goes my last shred of hope for humanity.

I don't know about Crazy Town (only heard one song) but coming into a thread like this to bash people's answers is kinda like going to a gynecologist to laugh at people with STD's. When it's that easy, doing it anyway is just being dickish in my opinion :shrug: If the bands mentioned here didn't get "hate" already then they wouldn't be brought up, so why bother being that guy?

')