Bands that broke up and you miss

• Thread starter Jonathan20022
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Heineken

Blackened is the end
Reaction score
A Dozen Furies, they had so much potential and if they lasted a bit longer - I'm convinced they would have put out a few more stellar albums.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score

Super unknown and fucking wonderful Canadian proggy metalcore band I used to worship back in high school. They were getting signed to Vagrant and recording a full length, then just kinda disappeared.

At least part of them is now Mandroid Echostar, which is gotta be about equal. I believe the other half have another awesome band that is recording now, too, so I guess I can manage. xD

Also: Fall Of Troy (don't care what anyone says, Unlikely Event was an awesome album, and if nothing else 500x better than Thomas' shitty Just Like Vinyl shit now), Number Twelve Looks Like You

Static

Reaction score
cacophony2.jpg

racer_x_band.jpg

as well as Nevermore and Death (don't know if chuck would have kept death running if he were still alive ) and I guess Gordian knot too( on hiatus for a long time though)

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
After Forever.

Yeah me too. I heard Floor's new band, ReVamp, and it's just not the same. She should just work for Arjen Lucassen full time.

Camel - I would love a chance to see them live, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Rainbow - the best music Dio was ever involved in. Ritchie Blackmore is still good, and I'd still be interested in a Rainbow reunion, if Candace Night wouldn't be involved. -_-

Ambeon - Arjen and Astrid only made one album, and they need to do another. Hopefully he can convince her to come back to making music at some point.

Nitro - Well, just because. I have no good reason, I just want to see the most over the top glam band ever to reunite and put out another album. Oh, also Spinal Tap, if that counts. For similar reasons.

EDIT: Also, ABBA. No explanation should be necessary.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
The Blood Brothers

They hit their stride with their last album and knocked it out of the park. Showed a ton of promise. Then they suddenly broke up, and split off to their own projects. Jaguar Love is great and all, but it's just not the same as BB. Doesn't have that wow factor and crazy vibe.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Also, they didn't break up, but I'm gonna miss Blood Stain Child with Sophia

')