Bands that broke up and you miss

• Thread starter Jonathan20022
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Despised Icon.

I miss making fun of them.

They were good back in their early days, but I have to agree when it comes to the newer material and "image" of the vocalists. Drummer was still a monster though.

Reaction score
Despised Icon, I liked all their stuff, but their first album was a bit more brutal death/grind, and by far my favorite.

Also, Battle of Mice.

zakattak192

Reaction score
472870.jpg

:(

TheSpaceforthis

Reaction score
At The Gates is still playing some shows, does it count?

Carcass

Pantera

I still want a Megadeth with Friedman, Menza, and Mustaine with an actual brain.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my god, I've been looking for anything about this band for about 10 years. :yesway:

I have been able to find out very little about them other than what can be found on a very old Roadrunner "this is one of our bands" pages. It was only yesterday that I was actually found that video and I've been looking for a LONG time.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
... and Mustaine with an actual brain.

Heh heh. I was really into the recent re-emergence of Megadeth (as opposed to Mega-Dave) but his recent madness has really soured that feeling. The man is a massive twonk.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Pantera

Sepultura (Chaos AD/Roots Lineup)

Fear Factory (Demanufacture/Obsolete Lineup)

Gardenian

Viatrophy

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Isis, mainly because I wanted to see them live :lol:
But otherwise, major props for their decision to call it a day and not continue well past their use by date like too many bands do for the sake of money.

Definitely SikTh too.
Now that we're in 2012, it's seriously mind blowing to see just how incredibly innovative and different their musical approach was.
Both Isis and Sikth have left behind absolute masterpieces that changed the way metal musicians approach music and changed the way we think about metal in the decade and a bit.

Rustee

†The Skyrim Bard†
Reaction score
Sky Eats Airplane

Only with the self-titled lineup + Elliot, though. They need to get back together with Jerry and do another album.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
All I know is that 3 years of Hendrix, 3 years of Jason Becker, and 3 Alice in Chains alnums with Layne Staley are not enough.

')