Bands That Fell Off Hard

• Thread starter FeedMeWithColours
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FeedMeWithColours

Reaction score
Name some bands that have fell off as hard as Linkin Park did.

What I mean by fall off is that they reach the climax in their music and it was downhill from there.

Maybe people didn't ever think Linkin Park was good but Hybrid Theory was their high point in my opinion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I guess you would have to like Linkin Park a lot to think that they had very far to fall.... :lol:

But what band has fallen off harder than everyone? Metallica.

FeedMeWithColours

Reaction score
I guess you would have to like Linkin Park a lot to think that they had very far to fall.... :lol:

hahaha very true I was like 10 when Hybrid Theory came out.

Also I agree with Metallica they came to mind right after I posted but I figured I would say nothing about.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i think bands that started to gain momentum and then just disappeared should also be included in the "just fell off" category too.

doesn't it freak you out when you realize a band you're into (or WERE into) released albums and you never even knew about it?

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Name some bands that have fell off as hard as Linkin Park did.

What I mean by fall off is that they reach the climax in their music and it was downhill from there.

Maybe people didn't ever think Linkin Park was good but Hybrid Theory was their high point in my opinion.

Id consider their latest album their best personally... but whatever.

Where the hell did Trapt go? They kicked ass live and had some great tunes...

right... millions upon millions of record sales, sold out concerts across the globe... yeah they were terrible....

rolls-eyes.jpg

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda hard to match your opener - Linkin Park. I always stayed away from them but one song the wife kept listening too got me hooked only a couple of years ago so I got into Hybrid Theory and the Reanimation remix album. I actually really liked them and bought both albums. After listening to those a while I branched to Meteora and thought it was so much more generic so I never bought it. But god damn did I nearly throw up when giving their later shit a listen... talk about a complete 180! From aggressive and screaming to light pussy shit. No offence meant to anyone that likes the stuff, but it's such a stark change that it's hard to fathom.

Rev.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
KORN! They turned to shit after Head left! But Head will be playing live with them sometime this year, I HOPE HE JOINS FULL TIME AGAIN THAT WOULD BE SO SICK!!:hbang:

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
While probably not exactly 'falling off' because they broke up instead of petering out--Iron Thrones.

Some of the best fucking groove metal I've ever heard in my life, and I just got into them after they broke up :(

FeedMeWithColours

Reaction score
Selling records is not everything.

For example in the video game world COD sells the most in terms of a console shooter but they have used the same formula since COD 4, they never make improvements and if they do its small improvements to the formula not true changes to the game mechanics.

So what I mean is just because people buy Metallica albums that does not mean that everyone liked it they bought it for lack of a better word out of hype.