Bands That Have A Huge Live Sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Slayer is absolutely huge live. Surprisingly, Coheed and Cambria are also a very huge sounding band. LoG is another. I saw them at the national in richmond (hometown show), and it was insane. I was a row or 2 away from the front at the beginning, but when they came on, the damned human wave that happens for bigger bands started happening, and I had to move back. They sounded MASSIVE that night.

jcm900steroids

Reaction score
From the live show's I've been I'd say: Mastodon,Porcupine tree,Dream Theather and Opeth (also my fav bands ^^), the worst being Metallica ;d (They played the same day as Mastodon back in 07).

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
It's been a little over a decade since I've seen them, and they're not really one of my 'favorites', but one of the tightest live bands I've ever seen is Sevendust. They played with surgical precision, and the sound was beyond intense.

Bonus: It was just before the second album came out, and they opened up with the title track 'Home' which I had never heard before. It was amazing.

Tomo009

Reaction score
Slayer is absolutely huge live. Surprisingly, Coheed and Cambria are also a very huge sounding band. LoG is another. I saw them at the national in richmond (hometown show), and it was insane. I was a row or 2 away from the front at the beginning, but when they came on, the damned human wave that happens for bigger bands started happening, and I had to move back. They sounded MASSIVE that night.
Lamb of God sounded like omplete mud when I saw them at a show recently. Couldn't make a single thing out of what I heard.

the worst being Metallica ;d
Metallica however sounded crisp and absolutely great, with the obvious exception of lars' drumming, Hetfield's voice was signifigantly better than expected but not great. But everything was clear and their tone changed perfectly for every section.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
I'm listening to a lot of Death Metal and I have to say that Decapitated blew my mind.
They only have one guitar(Vogg), but their live sound is awesome. Saw them twice this year.

Behemoth also had a very good mixed sound.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Meshuggah, TTDTE, and ATB were all absolutely crushing live, IMO.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Karnivool
Devin Townsend
Meshuggah
Tesseract
Deftones
Lamb Of God
The Black Dahlia Murder

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw Blind Guardian last night, and they sounded sick as fuck...clear and huge, and this was in a venue that usually sounds awful. One of the openers (Holy Grail) also sounded really good...easily the best-sounding opener I've ever seen there.

Incidentally, this is at the same venue where I saw Iced Earth (who I mentioned earlier in this thread) sounding absolutely incredible.

Dang, I wanted to go to the friday show in Toronto, but it cannot happen (the way bus routes and transit lines up around the show time as I am in Hamilton, and I need to make it him for my dog) :scream:. I am sure they will be around again in the future however. I WILL see them.

Out of this Swirled

..... super regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw Avenged sevenfold at the NIA last month and their sound was the best sharp crisp sound I have ever heard you could hear all the instruments and the vocals amazingly well I was gobsmacked, I have never seen them before maybe I am wrong but maybe M Portnoy had some input on the sound quality as DT are supposed to be awesome also live never seen them yet.

Soulwomb

Reaction score
Jesu, Isis, Zozobra, Nachmystium, Torche, Boris, Baroness, Gojira, High on Fire, Kylesa, Coliseum, these are some of the bands that I remember sounding awesome live.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
Fucking Danza.

That band sounds RETARDEDLY huge for only having one guitarist.

')