Bands that only have one album you like?

• Thread starter metalstrike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
Metallica - and justice for all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Redmetal

Reaction score
I dunno man... I kinda agree with him. I was STOKED for PII to come out since it had reworked versions of some of my favorite demos and I thought it was a masterpiece when it came out but I've since changed my mind. It is far from a terrible record and I still jam it occasionally but it doesn't touch the S/T in my opinion. Even though PII has been out for a shorter period I think in totality the S/T has stood the test of time much better...

On topic... I tend to listen to an artist because of one album then slowly try their other albums. Usually I don't like their other material, then one day I get an earworm from one of those albums that I "don't like" and check the albums out again only to magically discover that they're awesome. Happened most recently to me with Thomas Dolby.

I don't know why, But I dont find nothing on Periphery 2 that excites me like Jetpack was yes or All new materials, I Listen to Periphery 2 and i can tell that the sound is way better, the production is good, that's undeniable but I find PII pretty boring, Its like a solid albums but I dont find parts that are like "wooo this blown my mind", For me P2 is a Stale album, but is like a constant intro for me , no climax. And again, that's just for me, I understand that you find those things on the album (answering nicktao)

Dropsonic

Black Hole Refugee
Reaction score
Mastodon for me.

I generally dig their music, but Crack The Skye is the only one I've listened to regularly since it came out.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Mastodon for me.

I generally dig their music, but Crack The Skye is the only one I've listened to regularly since it came out.

Mastodon - Crack The Skye

don't hurt me for sayin' it

WHAP!

Nah jk. I could definitely see that - it's probably their most cohesive work, and while Leviathan is pretty well held together too, Crack the Skye has some pretty impressive control of dynamics going on.

Hmm. To contribute, gonna have to say...

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire. Well I like half of Joshua Tree too, but I realized I kinda hate about everything else they've done (and I used to like them quite a bit).

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
There are people who only like Autotheism from The Faceless? :spock:

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Carnifex- die without hope
Born of Osiris- the discovery
Arsis- unwelcome
Moonspell- night eternal
Lamb of god- ashes of the wake
Iced earth- something wicked this way comes
Amon Amarth- deceiver of the gods

fatalfable

Reaction score
the human abstract - nocturne

cant really get into any of their other stuff, but that album is really good.

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli. I really can't stomach their other stuff, but as soon as I hear the drum intro to the Chosen Legacy it makes me want to give it a try again.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I can't really think of many... I guess I still dig Bring Me the Horizon's first album, the rest of their stuff is utter shit though

/flamesuit on for bringing up bmth at all... :lol:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
The Contortionist-Exoplanet. Intrinsic was cool and all, but it's a bit dialed back for my taste and I feel like I'd need to be high to appreciate it as much as I do Exoplanet :lol:

This or the Apocalypse-Haunt What's Left

Memphis May Fire-Sleepwalking. Shame what happened to this band, they had such a cool sound but threw it away when they signed to Rise :noplease:

The Human Abstract-Digital Veil. Idk, Nocturne has its songs, but overall I just don't find it as interesting as it is technically good, etc.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr

I bought their follow-up to that album and after 5 or 6 forced listens finally had to admit I didn't like them anymore.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
*looks around cautiously first*...
Animals as leaders - self titled , weightless wasn't as good of an album as their first (as a whole) although my opinion here could very well change on March 25!

Vader - Impressions in Blood (also could very well change this month)
Modern Day Babylon - Travelers
Intronaut - Prehistoricisms
Children of Bosom - Hate Crew Deathroll

And I'm saying this with a big pinch of salt because i've grown in time to love all their releases but Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power. For years that was THE album, everything else was meh...

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I, the Breather - these are my sins
Born of Osiris - the new reign
Cold - 13 ways to bleed on stage

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
I like Emperors demo and one or two of the Eps or splits they released, but that is the only proper album I like by them.

')