Bands that play in B?

• Thread starter metal4life
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metal4life

Reaction score
Which bands play in B?

I only know of Carcass and old Arch Enemy, im assuming the majority of death metal bands use it too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of them do, yeah. it'd take me a while to list them all. some other ones you might be familiar with:
Blood Ritual, Bolt Thrower, At the Gates, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Ghoul, Grave, Hate Eternal, Hypocrisy, Immolation, Incantation, Origin, etc.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
As far as I know, Hate Eternal is in C#. Some songs off "Conquering The Throne" were in D I think. At least "Catacombs" sounds like it is....that song is friggin' good!

Most bands I can think of do Bb (or A#) like Vile and Cannibal Corpse....Rusty Cooley.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Is hate Eternal in C#? I thought they were in B. my bad.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if you want to hear good rythm guitars, amon amarth it up.

then, learn some unearth. then, tune down a 7 and learn some nevermore. you should have your hands full :p. what about dark tranquility? deftones.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A lot of them do, yeah. it'd take me a while to list them all. some other ones you might be familiar with:
Blood Ritual, Bolt Thrower, At the Gates, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Ghoul, Grave, Hate Eternal, Hypocrisy, Immolation, Incantation, Origin, etc.

Cannibal Corpse is Bb but yeah on those other ones. There are really tons. Goto metaltabs.com and just browse through the bands, thats an easy way to see what all the bands tune to.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you want to hear good rythm guitars, amon amarth it up.

then, learn some unearth. then, tune down a 7 and learn some nevermore. you should have your hands full :p. what about dark tranquility? deftones.

Dark Tranquility tune to C# and I'm pretty sure the Deftones' seven-string stuff is tuned Ab Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb, but don't quote me on that.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
There are heaps, Ill look through the media player and everything thats in drop B or standard ill list

40 Below Summer
Aborted
Aeon
The Agony Scene
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
At the Gates
Bleeding Through
Carcass
Cryptopsy
Darkane
Devildriver
Dream Theater
Ektomorf
Fear Factory
Gorefest
Hypocrisy
James LaBrie's solo album
Machine Head
Mercenary
Mnemic
Mudvayne
Origin
RA
Scar Symmetry
Sepultura
Sevendust
Slipknot (uggghhh, why is this on my computer)
Soilwork
Soulfly
Steve Vai
Stone Sour
Lacuna Coil
Unearth
Sonata Arctica
Zero Hour

There are others Ive forgotten I reckon, I posted so many cause Ive been in your position searching for bands and well, the more the merrier.

Makelele

Reaction score
I thought Amon Amarth are down in A standard?

I can at least play "Fate of Norns", "Pursuit of Vikings" and "An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm" on my B-tuned seven. I'm also quite certain that "With Oden on Our Side" is in B.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Haha! So true! I saw them on the Chaos AD tour, then bought Roots when it came out and was like...."What the fuck is this!? Korn's new disc!?"

So, yeah, D standard until Roots is correct. From then on...I have no clue.

')