Bands that put out exactly what you expect; and it's awesome.

• Thread starter Joose
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
Nile
Necrophagist (lol)
Dark Tranquility
Dream Theater
Eluveitie
Rush
The faceless

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
For those who mentioned Soilwork and In Flames, I could be just projecting my own view here but their sound changed drastically over the years.

Steelbath Suicide compared to Stabbing the Drama for example, barely sounds like same band. Or Chainheart Machine vs. The Panic Broadcast. Same goes for In Flames. I dunno :scratch:

I would have to agree. Neither of them put out anything I can really "expect". However, I do feel I can always count on them both for quality albums. Not the same thing though.

I just listened to 1 song from each Black Dahlia Murder album in a row; all so different, yet exactly the same. Think I might learn "Blood In The Ink" today.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I would have to agree. Neither of them put out anything I can really "expect". However, I do feel I can always count on them both for quality albums. Not the same thing though.

You already know this, but words cannot express how much I disagree that their past few albums have been "quality." I've found their past 3 albums to be terribly puerile.

However, getting back to the topic at hand, Dream Theater certainly does come to mind. While it doesn't sound exactly the same, you always know you're listening to them. Their signature sound is easy to identify.

The band that I really came into this thread to mention, however, was Bolt Thrower.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^Yeah I know how you feel about 'em, lol. All good. They're quality to my ears.

Also, Sybreed. 4 albums in and I know every time that I'm gonna love it more than the last.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Devin Townsend, Opeth. Those guys never disapoint.

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
I believe Beneath the Massacre gives us exactly what we expect from them each release.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
50 bucks says the people listing Katatonia have never heard Dance of December Souls

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score

Seriously, Sick Puppies always have something freaking sick. Every song on every album is badass. I love their bassist Emma she really is one of my favorite.
(quality here sucks)
They're really uncredited for who they are. Badass and the music gets better with every album.

Now most people here won't know poor Duncan here but his voice and music is great and consistent.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
I would have said Nile, if not for ATGOS.

Enslaved
Kreator (nowadays)
Alcest
Converge
Mastodon
Testament (nowadays)

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Echo echo echooooooo... But yeah, definitely Gojira and BTBAM change, but, you always know to expect them to be progressive and ambitious so... little bit of a paradox but yeah.

')