Bands that put out exactly what you expect; and it's awesome.

• Thread starter Joose
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I think they earned their penitence with The Blackening - although I must say that, even though it wasn't their best musical effort, I still don't think Supercharger was an altogether terrible album.

Yeah and must admit to getting a very excited message online from a friend telling me I HAD to check out the new MH song back in 2003, and it was Imperium, and it was like holy shit they're back!

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
^ And it's not like their two latest albums are incredible either. I still can't get "Slanderous" and "Darkness within" out of my head.

But I have to pull a short straw and say Fear factory. Even though their album material quality has been jumpy, I can't do anything but enjoy their albums.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Agree with the OP for TBDM. I love how they stick to what they do best and nail it every album!

Hell yeah! They keep adding a little more melody to each album; but it's such a slow pace that it would probably take 20 more albums for a soft song haha.

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
I find Ihsahn to be comfortably predictable.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

lolwut, compare their latest album to "Remission", doesn't even sound like the same band.

For me, Black Dahlia Murder (my favourite band) and Cannibal Corpse are the kings of this. They raise their game every time they make a new album, but they remain true to their sound and their intensity never waivers, they just slay it every time.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
For me, Black Dahlia Murder (my favourite band) and Cannibal Corpse are the kings of this. They raise their game every time they make a new album, but they remain true to their sound and their intensity never waivers, they just slay it every time.

Both are great shouts. Crowbar? (Production on newest one was too shiny, but the songs were good)

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
220px-Gojira_1954_Japanese_poster.jpg

frozenfrets

I can't play geeetar
Reaction score
Dream theater, doesn't matter how much I've been lishtening to them, always sounds fresh to me

Porcupine tree, lamb of god, firewind, stone sour and... Oasis

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Deftones, Chevelle (flame suit activated), Tool, Katatonia, and I love all the In Flames albums.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Dream theater. Their most recent album, Is actually my favorite.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
I can always count on

Exodus
Black Dhalia Murder
Hypocrisy
Unearth
Sylosis
Arch Enemy

And so far

Animals as Leaders and The Contortionist - they don't have many albums but so far I'm really diggin' what they've got.

For those who mentioned Soilwork and In Flames, I could be just projecting my own view here but their sound changed drastically over the years.

Steelbath Suicide compared to Stabbing the Drama for example, barely sounds like same band. Or Chainheart Machine vs. The Panic Broadcast. Same goes for In Flames. I dunno :scratch:

')