Bands that use 7's or 8's with a high A

• Thread starter Spence
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spence

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am aware that a few people tune their extended range guitars to have a high A string, however i havent come accross any bands that use this tuning, can anyone point me in the right direction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Chris from Scale The Summit uses a high G on his 8 strings, but it's true that he doesn't use it very often. I'd still check them out if I were you, as they're amazing.
As far as I know they haven't used it on their new album, but I'm not sure... I know they mainly used Chris' Blondie 7 string Sherman, but I think he said they also used his Artinger here and there, so I'm not certain.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris has been using the Sherman 7 live on the Gallows tour, actually asked why he wasn't using the 8. He said he pretty much wrote The Collective on a 7 so he figured why bring out the 8.
Come to think of it, what songs does he actually go high enough with the high G string?

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
In the Great Plains he uses it right at the end of the tapping section and he uses it for the chords in the intro to Glacial Planet, I know that much.

')