Bands that uses 8-string

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kusovai

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I play guitar in a band called Scandelion. Until now, all recordings were made with 6 strings (C standard), but now we are using 8 strings. Our first studio album will be released soon, and was recorded with 6 too, but the new songs are created for 8s, and we are adapting the old songs to 8. So you can add Scandelion to the list.

Nice to be around this forums.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I've only used 7's and 8's for quite a while on my solo work, as many will know. :) So, for the dude that mentioned the 2 Portuguese bands (I confess I only know of Concealment), there are at least 3 acts using them around here. :lol:

flyboy463

Community Retard
Reaction score
PDP uses eights, but one of their guitarist's has a nine, doesn't use the ninth string in the songs though.

Really cool dudes, met them at Mayhem, got a signed EP from the guitarists.

JamieB

Reaction score
I saw war from a harlots mouth use 8's when they supported winds of plague in the u.k

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Miserations new album will be 8 string material. I saw that on their facebook page :p

Here are 2 songs from previous albums.

Im looking forward to hearing the new stuff! From what I've read they have recorded most parts now.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Um, Ion dissonance has been 8 strings since before 7string.org was founded in 2004...

Their EP came out in 03... 8 strings

Um, Ion Dissonance have NOT been using 8 strings since 2003. They've been tuned down to Ab probably since then on 7s but they haven't been using 8 until only the past couple of years.

From Wikipedia (the page about the album Cursed):

This is the first Ion Dissonance album to feature 8-string guitars as well as clean vocals in songs such as "Pallor."

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
:rofl::lol: I just got neg rep from a 4-year old post. That's epic, whoever did it should have signed it, then taken a bow.

Also, :lol: @ that vid. Awesome playing, but the metal angle and lighting became really funny for me when I realized he was sitting on a stool.

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
These Aussie's are beasts!

And my band Wanda Sue will probably start with 8's too when I get mine at the end of the month!
.. and my HXC project called "Epileptic Horse".

.. horsecore ..

')