Bands who have gotten better overtime ?

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
Born of Osiris's newest album is just amazing. I liked their very first one, couldn't even listen to A Higher Place, but The Discovery is probably one of my favorite albums out there right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
Goatwhore
High on Fire
Mastodon

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
+1! I love me some Katy Perry.

Did someone say Katy Perry?

(Time for the Katy Perry pic of the day...)

katy-perry-diet.jpg

Intermission over... back OT... Metallica? :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else hear the new Megadeth single from thirteen, "Public Enemy #1"? +1 and def still going strong IMO

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
Amogh Symphony
Dragonland
Envy
Kuha. (the song 'Kalifi myy mustaa valoa' is unbeatable though, but albumwise they've gotten tons better)
Lantlôs
Moonsorrow
Neaera
Nicole
Omnium Gatherum
Swallow the Sun

In my opinion. Some of the more trivial have already been mentioned :)

flint757

Reaction score
Heard TOOL a couple times and I have to disagree. They improved a lot from Opiate and Undertow when they made Aenema and Lateralus, but I thought 10,000 days was crap in comparison to Lateralus. It was better than undertow, but in the vein of what they were trying to achieve they kind of peaked already. But I hate filler tracks, the actual songs on there are great. Nothing beats Lateralus.

mastodon is always evolving and Lamb of God keeps getting better. there production has improved a lot after ditching their first producer.

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
Definitely subjective, but just a few that popped into my head:

Devin Townsend (his old stuff is perfect, his new stuff is better.)
Ihsahn (After was one of my favorite albums ever.)
Soilwork
Mastodon
Dark Tranquility (Fiction and We Are the Void are "endless repeat" albums for me.)

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
As Blood Runs Black, with their new guitarists they've added a slight bit of technicality. Its early and that is the only one I can think of xD
Whitechapel never fails me either! ALWAYS getting better.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Seconding whomever said JFAC earlier - I really didn't dig the pig squeal stuff, but later on their sound turned so dirty that I couldn't ignore them any longer. Seeing them live with Whitechapel on Mayhem a few years back confirmed my belief that they'd taken a big step in the right direction.

kn1feparty

Guitarded
Reaction score
Thrice underwent a pretty huge evolution with Vheissu and have gotten, in my opinion, progressively better with each subsequent release.

Mason Vickers

Reaction score
BTBAM - Colors & Great Misdirect could live in my car CD changer for the rest of my life and I'd forever be okay.

Faceless - I'm sure all of you can vouch, but honestly, (as much as I love Akeldama) I think the production makes me like it less than I should. Planetary Duality is incredible, and from the looks of Eidolon Reality and De-whatever the new song is, I can say it'll be better than the previous releases.

Born Of Osiris - I only liked the Discovery. Stoked for what's in store... kind of.

Veil of Maya - HAVE YOU HEARD ALL THINGS SET ASIDE? I don't know how Marc let that pass.

Death - I'm the only person I know who doesn't like Leprosy, and Scream Bloody Gore was meh at best. Rest is DM gold.

Mastodon - Up until the newest album. Saw them last month - only played Blood & Thunder, Hand of Stone, Crystal Skull, and Crack The Skye; rest was the new album. I wanted to die. :nuts:

JFAC - without a doubt. first EP and first LP = poop.

Periphery - I don't know this for sure, but I think Mark's contribution is going to make everything better than the self titled.

Whitechapel - more than anyone. Especially with their live show... Saw them in 2009 and 2010, horrible. Saw them this past April... totally different monster. Amazing band.

Ihsahn - After is timeless... and I play saxophone, so. Wannabe.

Cannibal Corpse - Finally convinced myself that I love Pat's genius songwriting. I don't miss Barnes at all, either.

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
The Sword

Age Of Winters - Incredible

Gods Of The Earth - Improved production, more catchy riffs and songs. Amazing

Warp Riders - Absolute flawlessness, Utter perfection.

')