Bands Whose Tone you like, But Don't Like Their Music? Or Like their Music, not tone?

• Thread starter scottro202
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
More of an album than a band:
Black Clouds and Silver Linings.
I felt it the worst DT album musically, but it has the best guitar tone Petrucci has had to date.

Band wise, I guess many Pantera albums, particular Cowboys from Hell and A Vulgar display have incredibly awful tone IMO, but yet musically are some of the best metal albums ever IMO.
oh god yes, i love pantera's albums, but the worst to me was far beyond driven.

guitars, drums, bass, it all sounded bad.

especially that kick drum.

CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACKITY CLACKITY CLACKCLACK

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
King Diamond. Abigail is by far one of my most favorite albums, but there's so much reverb that I feel like I'm listening to it at the other end of a train tunnel.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
CREED. mark tremonti has a pretty awesome guitar tone IMO, it sounds very thick and saturated but retains a tasteful amount of clarity. but...i can only listen to with arms wide open so many times.

Absolutely. I love Mark Tremonti's tone, both with Creed and Alter Bridge, he really gets the most out of those triple rectifiers.

Gothberg

I'm a rookie, eh?
Reaction score
I honestly though Threat Signals last album could have used a bit of a tone boost. Great music though.

I'm with you.
The first album was incredible, probably my all-time favorite, but the second made me sooo dissapointed.

Sure the music could have been good if it would have come out properly, like the first one but with lesser chaos and properly recorded drums.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I've always admired Nickelbacks tone. Very chunky and good, but I can't stand their music.

On the other hand, I love Death, but the tone on nearly every album is so hollow.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I wish the tone on Necro's "Epitaph" was more like Onset of Putrefaction, yet I vastly prefer the music on Epitaph.

Latest posts

')