Bands with 3 guitarists

• Thread starter halsinden
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sex Machineguns have a 3rd guitarist live when they're doing solo battles, does that count? lol Only other band that hasn't been mentioned that I know has had a 3rd guitarist at some point was Becoming the Archetype and he was basically just to add to the rhythm, he played essentially the bass part.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

built4sin

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this but...didn't The Acacia Strain have 3 guitarists at one point? I know it's just DL now but for some reason I seem to recall hearing that.
on 3750 they had 3 guitar players, now down to just one. still one of my favorite albums. smoke ya later and halcyon are my favorite songs they've done.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
^I think that's true, although I really don't know how I know that.

Doesn't Heaven Shall Burn, or Beyond The Embrace have 3 guitarists?

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I am sort of ashamed that this thread had to go 7 pages before someone said this, but:

Atheist!
Granted, it was only on one album, but my God did it work out beautifully. On their last record, "Elements", they had three Guitarists. Two of them lefties, even..

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Hard to say. Let me just put it like this:

If it wasn't for these guys, Technical Metal would probably never have taken off.
They're like a technical thrash band, with some heavy Jazz influences, and some SERIOUSLY wicked bass work. Check out "Unquestionable Presence", and get blown away. These guys were so far ahead of their time!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I liked the fact that Skynyrd had 3 guitar players. :yesway: Some bands though, not so good. I know Maiden sounded awesome with 3 guitar players. :metal:

')