Bands with 3 guitarists

• Thread starter halsinden
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but scale the summit has three guitar players, they also seem to be a good testament to the fact that every member has to play guitars with the same number of strings.

I'm not that into STS, but i thought it was 2 guitars and a bass :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antimatter

Reaction score
I think on John Petrucci's solo album, "Suspended Animation" there were four guitars on one track. If I remember correctly, one was doing fifths on the low E, another was doing higher rhythms, another was leads, and yet another was arpeggios. It worked together well, and it was fun to listen to because you could listen to it multiple times and hear all the different parts.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
One of my old bands had three guitar players. Everything was some sort of harmony live or a pair of guitars playing harmony while another played a riff underneath. Then the other half of the music was folky ambient music like GYBE so that had loads of layers too with all three guitars using loopers to build the song.

')