Bands you kick yourself for not getting in to sooner.

• Thread starter Grand Moff Tim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I know there new, but fuck, I love Fallujah. They really grew on me

When I first heard em I was like, "There pretty good, I like the direction" I am now like : "This has to be one of the best, if not the best new band that came out in the last two years". I keep going back to this band and I'm liking them more and more

Its another band that further expands the death metal genre. Using ambiance, black metal into technical death metal like Decrepit Birth and Faceless. with very fluid lead guitar work

This is their earlier stuff, but still so much better than the other bands that came out then. You can really hear the black metal incorporation to modern death metal.

amogtr

Reaction score
Between the Buried and Me, for sure. I thought they were weedley nonsense for the first year or two that I knew of them. Then...Parallax II happened, and I feel obligated to apologize to the band in person.

I got into BTBAM around the time The Great Misdirect came out. My friends had been talking about them for years but I never gave them a chance. Colors is one of my all time favorite albums now. I love the live version of it.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Thrice. I heard about them back when I was in High School, 2003-2004 or so. Around the same time I heard a song or two by Thursday that I didn't really care for. I saw that Thrice and Thursday were on the same label and I think they did some touring together and I did some sort of guilty by association type of thing and never listened to them until maybe May of last year. I'm glad I did, I really think they are a band that if you give them a chance is hard not to appreciate.

TheAmercanLow

Reaction score
The Number Twelve Looks Like You and The Heartland. #12 was on the verge of breaking up when I got into them, and the heartland had long disbanded before I found them.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Nevermore, it's annoying that I got into them after they split, I knew of loomis's solo stuff before nevermore and then found them through him.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST GHOST

^ Pretty much this.

& Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Bison B.C., Melvins, Corrosion of Conformity, Lacuna Coil.

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
Strapping Young Lad... I didn't get the craziness of that band until of course I became crazy.

whilstmyguitardjentlyweep

Reaction score
Gojira. And i only have myself to blame.

I saw them at download festival 2006 whilst i was just waiting for bleeding through to come on. i thought they were cool but never followed up any interest - until a year ago.

Please don't judge me i was a naive teenager with lots to learn! Now I listen to gojira all the time, Bleeding Through.....not so much!

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Soundgarden man, Soundgarden

:agreed:

Pretty much anything Cornell has graced his vocals with, IMO, he is the #1 rock vocalist.

It also took me about 2 years to get into periphery, and I dig them a lot now.

I've dabbled into metallica for the past 8-9 years, but have only just listened to megadeth in the past 6 months, as soon as I got past dave vocals everything else musically was great.

And finally, the blues, as a whole. God damn, I have neglected blues too much, over the past 2-3 months i've slowly been building a collection of more jam blues, followed by a 5 day blues festival, it's really kicked my ass into blues mode.

Edit: Also Primus. My guitar teacher gave me one of their CDs when I was 12, and didn't think much of it until about 3 year ago and they've become one of my favourite bands.
Edit #2: Anything steven wilson touched. I picked up a porcupine tree CD quite a few years ago, and have had steven wilson and porcupine tree on repeat since last christmas.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Meshuggah.I heard bleed all the time on the metal radio I used to listen to back when I was like 13-14. Always likes the song, but never listened to more meshuggag songs until I was!17.

Another one is Devin Townsend. I've known the name, and heard a few strapping young lad songs at the same time on that metal station, but didn't get into him until kinda recently.now he's one of my favorites!

Futurian

Reaction score
I remember seeing the video for Rational Gaze when it first came out, I really wish I paid more mind to Meshuggah since.. I mean they got some listen but I never really got into them until after Obzen.. I also wish I found Genghis Tron when they were still relevent

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I recently discovered this band and wow, fucking awesome. Can someone recommend me a first album to purchase?
I really liked Anthropocentric and Precambrian. Both are fairly different from each other in terms of writing but both are great.

Latest posts

')