Bands you kick yourself for not getting in to sooner.

• Thread starter Grand Moff Tim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
Sikth. I just started listening to them a couple weeks ago, and my mind is still blown

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Queens of the Stone Age. I always heard them on the radio and really liked those songs but I just started to listen to them a bit more lately.

WeLikeItHeavy

Reaction score
Protest the Hero. I literally just started listening to them a few months ago and I can't believe I haven't really listened to their stuff before.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Fallujah. Literally just heard them for the first time today - why not sooner? This shit is exactly the kind of thing I love. Why have I missed this?

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
I wish i'd caught the seatle scene when it happened. alice in chains, soundgarden, nirvanna, stone temple pilots etc. i was all about slayer, megadeth, anthrax, and metallica at the time and was a bit closed minded to anything else I missed a lot of good stuff.

JohnnyClaiborne

Audio Engineer
Reaction score
Protest the Hero. I literally just started listening to them a few months ago and I can't believe I haven't really listened to their stuff before.

IIRC, these guys were mostly in high school when Kezia was recorded. Awesome awesome awesome album.

Mine is Fleetwood Mac. Not even joking, my parents listened to them all my life and I just now at 24 years old started to give them a chance.

spattergrind

Reaction score
To be honest: Deftones

Sure I liked their hits when they came out (change, minerva, etc.), but I wasn't as big of a fan as I am now. When Diamond Eyes came out, I looked into more than just their singles. All their albums have great songs :agreed: They are probably my favorite band. :yesway:

JohnnyClaiborne

Audio Engineer
Reaction score
To be honest: Deftones

Sure I liked their hits when they came out (change, minerva, etc.), but I wasn't as big of a fan as I am now. When Diamond Eyes came out, I looked into more than just their singles. All their albums have great songs :agreed: They are probably my favorite band. :yesway:

Have you heard Koi No Yokan yet? Oh so good...

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
As a huge prog fan, I only got into King Crimson ago. After having albums from them for a while, it only clicked when I saw a video of Frame by Frame. Such a good band.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Death. I'm learning several of their songs for a cover bands project, and the more I play them, the more I see how great the music is.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
UneXpect

Crazy avant garde metal with violins, keyboards, 9 string bass and female vocals. Imagine the music from 'REPO! the genetic opera' mating with the algorithm and then throw in LOTS of drugs.

only found them yesterday!

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
I had never heard Symphony X for a long time only because I knew they were prog metal and I'm not really into prog. Then I saw them on a Gigantour DVD and I was blown away. Now they're in my top 10 list.

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
Between The Buried And Me. Mate of mine is a massive fan (And now me to) and showed me alaska which I just didn't get for a good 6 months or so and thought they were playing a whole bunch of non-sense.. Then I stumbled across White Walls, don't know what is was that fucking song hooked me like a mother fucker and all there other stuff suddenly made sense. Saw them live last year at their first ever show in NZ, Best FUCKING night of my life.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Between The Buried And Me. Mate of mine is a massive fan (And now me to) and showed me alaska which I just didn't get for a good 6 months or so and thought they were playing a whole bunch of non-sense.. Then I stumbled across White Walls, don't know what is was that fucking song hooked me like a mother fucker and all there other stuff suddenly made sense. Saw them live last year at their first ever show in NZ, Best FUCKING night of my life.

I tell everyone who I have listen to BTBAM this: you'll hate it for 6 months, then they'll become one of your favorite bands. Almost without fail that's what happens :agreed:

cronux

Reaction score
well, here are my 3 new favorites :)

24621548511.jpg

tumblrlesfylevkr1qcwv6e.jpg

despisedicondayofmourni.jpg

blowing my mind every day and making me hate my guitar playing skills while doing it :D

Latest posts

')