Bands You Think Are Under-Rated?

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

katierose

Reaction score
Heh.. my idea of underrated might be laughable to others but here goes:

Gutteral Secrete - Amazing slam..their latest is nonstop brutality that can actually hold your attention

Premonitions Of War - One of the first metalcoreish bands I got into.. fucking amazing.. Nate Johnson is my favorite vocalist in this genre

Gorgasm - Good brutal death metal you can take seriously or not, but it's fun

Cave In - Stephen Brodsky is aaaamazing

Your Memorial - Pretty much a clone of After The Burial but still really awesome and worth checking out

Inveracity - Greek brutal death... the vocals are pretty arousing

Wiz

Reaction score
Zune pass? Is that even worth it? You only get to keep like 10 songs a month?

Yeah, but I have no reason to want to keep them. As long as I'm paying the monthly fee, I can keep the entire library. Think of it as of a cable tv plan, except you get to choose exactly what you want to watch.You're paying for a service, which in this case is all the music you want for a month + 10 songs you can keep. If we were to compare it to Amazon download costs, which I believe are $.99 per song, then you're actually paying only about 5 bucks a month for full access (and download to your pc/zune) of the whole library.

Honestly it's the best thing since sliced bread if you're into trying out different bands and genres like I am. I'd be bankrupt if I had to buy several dozens of albums a month. I have friends who only maybe buy 1-2 records per year, like Metallica or something else horribly mainstream, and don't really care about anything else. Yeah, the subscription fee would would be a waste on them.

The one thing I was worried about when I got it was whether they'd have obscure bands, but I've found maybe 98%of what was listed so far here.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
While I don't know if 'under-rated' is the correct term (in fact, I doubt it), these are some bands I believe deserve a lot more recognition than they have:

Disillusion

Anubis Gate

Dark Suns

Threshold

Threshold has a tremendously interesting vibe, almost as if you're watching a musical while listening to them.

Vanden Plas

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
First disc = amazing. Second disc, not so much.

Ya know, I absolutely hated Gloria the first time I heard it, but I've warmed to it a bit. It's certainly no Back To Times Of Splendor, but it's got its own special something. If nothing else, no one can deny that it's an enormously experimental album. While it succeeds or fails depending on who you talk to, it obviously took a lot of guts to make, especially given the expectations set by their debut album. Having a single 99% perfect album is a nearly impossible feat, they really couldn't be expected to actually EXCEED what they had done when it was already so amazing, so they took a hell of a left turn and made Gloria.

Does it work? Maybe not, but one claim they CAN make is that they've produced 2 absolutely unique albums out of 2, instead of making one unique album and then just copying the formula.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
First disc = amazing. Second disc, not so much.
The Porter and Three Neuron Kings, their pre-Splendor releases, are also quite tasty, although not quite as polished. I'd like to get a hold of their demoes to see how they stack up, because from what I've seen, they seem to be much more death metal. And yes, Gloria was garbages.

Latest posts

')