Bands You Think Are Under-Rated?

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
WOAH fuck!

just checked out Augury fucking sick!

also checked out The Last Felony, Internal Suffering and Incinerate, so sick :evil:

:hbang: :hbang: :hbang:

I fucking love OTT death metal.

check out my favourite band ever:

www.myspace.com/maggotstuffedcunt

these dudes are my friends and well deserve a listen.

Incinerate's "Anatomize" just boils your flesh away whenever you listen to it, those guys are ridiculous. They should be widely approved of on here because even though the guitarist Scott uses a 6 string, he also uses an ENGL Invader.

The Last Felony is fucking tiiiight live. THAT is what deathcore "should" be, in my books. Tough as fuck. God awful bass tone though. Internal Suffering needs to make a new album, when I heard Awakening of the Rebel I couldn't help but imagine the drumkit just shaking around the stage and the guitarists/bassist going into spastic convulsions up and down the necks. They're just ridiculous. I've heard Maggot Stuffed Cunt before, it was great. The UK scene has some considerably brutal bands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clnh5

Banned
Reaction score
MaggotsStuffedCunt...what a brilliant name. Lol.

I've always thought Newstead era Flotsam And Jetsam were always under-rated.

Chris Poland's OHM, has always been under-rated.

The Melvins are under-rated imo. Especially their new album, it fucking rocks. Actually all their shit rocks.

Theres so many bands, i cant even remember. Tons of bands that never got the recognition they deserved.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
While Scar Symmetry themselves are decently known, I feel they are often left out when people discuss Melo-Death bands.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
While Scar Symmetry themselves are decently known, I feel they are often left out when people discuss Melo-Death bands.
The music isn't my favorite, but the solos are delicious. However, I will say that this is a much better example of an "underrated" band. Underrated doesn't mean that nobody's ever heard of them. For something to be underrated, people have to know what something is, but not appreciate it sufficiently. For example, pretty much everyone acknowledges Eric Clapton as being a great guitarist. One could make the argument that he's underrated as a vocalist, though. Most of you are just mentioning really underground bands and calling them underrated, when they're completely separate concepts.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Russian Circles

A few people on here have mentioned em and they've got kind of an underground fan base, much like Explosions In the Sky (not many people I know mention them) but still for what they do they're awesome

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
:yesway:

I dig me some Russian Circles! They aren't an Isis or Explosions by any mean... But they are good.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
More people need to listen to Skeletonwitch!

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Anata
Angra
Detonation
Dragonland
Imagika
Kreator (You always hear about 'Deth/Testament/Exodus/etc, but Kreator fucking owns.)
Nightrage
Persuader

Reaction score
-Fates Warning
-Watchtower
-Saga
-Camel
-Marillion
-Atheist
-Razor
-Riot
-HORSE the band
-Umphrey's McGee
-Disco Biscuits
-3 Inches of Blood
-Ayreon
-Dixie Dregs
-Minus the Bear
-Turtle
-Sky Eats Airplane
-Steve Morse Band
-Loudness
-Eyes set to Kill
-America
-The Human Abstract
-XTC
-Diamond Head
-Budgie
-Spastic Ink
-Ozric Tentacles
-Galneryus
-Badlands
-Suicidal Tendencies
-Savatage
-Infectious Grooves
-The Black Mages
-Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
-Origin
-Mahavishnu Orchestra
-Anything to do with Jonas Hellborg and Jan Hammer.
-Gentle Giant
-Caravan

Fin.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
+1 to almost all of these except for HtB and MtB who get +1000000
I don't think you could really call Minus the Bear "underrated". I'm tired of hearing about them, because people talk about them all the time. I guess that could be partially because I'm from the Seattle area, but even on another forum I used to post on, everybody was crazy about them.

Latest posts

')